Break Before Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swimfan123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it is common for people to take a year/some years off before going to dental school, and I have heard of people working various jobs. Do you all think working a non-science job hurts your resume? What are some jobs you all did before you entered dental school?

Thanks in advance.....

Members don't see this ad.

Real estate. One of the reasons I want to be a dentist so I dont have to deal with Real estate agents on a daily basis anymore

i'm teaching ap chem and ap physics. pretty sweet gig actually.

jb!

Members don't see this ad :)
Bartender, Waiter, Chemist, Research, Environmental Consulting...jack of all trades:)

I moonlight as a pasty-chef. Anybody want a cupcake?

I know it is common for people to take a year/some years off before going to dental school, and I have heard of people working various jobs. Do you all think working a non-science job hurts your resume? What are some jobs you all did before you entered dental school?

Thanks in advance.....

Taking time off before dental school is a great idea. Don't worry about getting a non-science job - find something that will pay the bills and won't stress you out a lot. During my year off I worked as a waiter, made great cash, and went to the beach on my days off.

doing various tutoring jobs...and working as a swim instructor. also im getting an interview for kaplan so maybe kaplan instructor. ;)