Brown anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Whitney

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So who's considering Brown? I was curious what people thought of the school....especially since it's a bit of an unusual situation (the new standard-route applicants, that is).

Seems like they have a VERY respectable match list and seem particularly strong in neurosciences. I also liked Providence and thought the hospital was impressive, though not all that convenient.

On the other side, being in a class with so many students in the 8-year, BA/MD program worries me a bit, and it doesn't seem like research programs are that strong at the moment.

Anybody else have thoughts on what it would be like at BMS?

Members don't see this ad.

Whitney said:
So who's considering Brown? I was curious what people thought of the school....especially since it's a bit of an unusual situation (the new standard-route applicants, that is).

Seems like they have a VERY respectable match list and seem particularly strong in neurosciences. I also liked Providence and thought the hospital was impressive, though not all that convenient.

On the other side, being in a class with so many students in the 8-year, BA/MD program worries me a bit, and it doesn't seem like research programs are that strong at the moment.

Anybody else have thoughts on what it would be like at BMS?

I am just as curious as you. I have the Princeton Review book on it, but I can't find any info on average GPA, MCAT stats, etc. Also I am very confused about the application process. Can I apply if I didnt go to Brown or Dartmouth??? Im so confused.... Do I apply to Dartmouth or to Brown?

blondMD said:
I am just as curious as you. I have the Princeton Review book on it, but I can't find any info on average GPA, MCAT stats, etc. Also I am very confused about the application process. Can I apply if I didnt go to Brown or Dartmouth??? Im so confused.... Do I apply to Dartmouth or to Brown?

You can apply to the Dartmouth-Brown program by applying to Dartmouth, which is a 4-year program where the 2 classroom years are spent at Dartmouth, and then the 2 clinical years are spent at Brown. They'll let you know when to indicate your interest in the joint program.

If you're interested in just going to Brown (or Dartmouth), its also possible to directly apply to both of these schools.