Brown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CA-MedStudent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that only 10 people or so are accepted from the regular md program and the rest are the 8 year bs/md program?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't remember the exact number but a friend of mine who's applying to Brown told me something similar - that there aren't lots of seats for out-of-state, non-Brown undergrad applicants. She said that not only are there the 8-year kids taking up seats but apparently Brown also gives some seats to its own undergrads and some to Rhode Islanders, so that eats up a good chunk of the class size.

I too do not know the exact number, but I do know the school is expanding and looking to add new faces to the class :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Well only 9/73 people last year were 'in-state' residencies. So unless very few of their undergrads are from in-state and most never change residency then I'd say its unlikely that that is true.

if I remember correctly, the standard route of admission is a relatively new process at Brown. Before, the matriculated number of AMCAS students was very low but this year, out of all the possible routes, something like 30 students are the standard non-PLME. So I would think it IS quite competitve.

usnews says:

Applied Interviewed Accepted Enrolled
Total: 4,324 294 184 73
In-state: 77 15 11 9
Out-of-state: 4,247 279 173 64

Sorry it's out of alignment but u can still se how it works. :)
4247 OOS ppl are fighting for 64 spots!