BS online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khushi626

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
oh yes! they are an actual school in arizona. They offer the degree both online and ground. Accredited regionally

Members don't see this ad :)
oh yes! they are an actual school in arizona. They offer the degree both online and ground. Accredited regionally

This may be one to ask an admissions office about. Depending on what they say, you may want to tack on some upper level ugrad science coursework at a 4 year school to demonstrate that you can handle rigorous classes.

I've emailed several medical schools both allopathic and osteopathic about this situation for my RN-BSN and I've received the same response from all of them. They have said as long as your pre-med courses were taken in-class (traditional) it is fine to obtain your Bachelor's online as long as it is fully accredited and associated with a "brick and mortor" university. The big thing they all seemed to say was that the "pre-med" courses like physics, gen chem, organic chem, and bio should all be in a traditional classroom.

Although I'd make sure you send out an email to some of the schools your interested in to make 100% sure.

the schools that I have looked into, all have said that the bachelors need to come from a regionally accredited school. I will be taking my science courses again since my field is/was allied health...

Thanks to all for ur responses

University of New England offers several on-line versions of prereq classes that are geared towards premed/prevet/dental types (Chemistry, biochem, biology....), and since they have their own medical school, I can't imagine how these classes would not be legit. University of Nebraska also offers several online physics classes, both calculus-based and not.

I come from a state where there aren't several universities to choose from, and for many of us who live off the road system, there are no other options but to look on-line. Also, for the non-trad types that cannot take a three day a week/middle of the day class, I would think distance learning would be a workable option, as long as some classes are taken the traditional route to show you aren't just antisocial.

Taking some on-line classes can also be spun as the student isn't afraid to embrace technology, an important skill when much of medicine is telehealth/computerized....