BU Interview call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

S vashishta

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys
I've got an interview call from BU on Sept 30th . I do hope to meet some SDN members that day. :) Good luck to all :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

S vashishta said:
Hey Guys
I've got an interview call from BU on Sept 30th . I do hope to meet some SDN members that day. :) Good luck to all :luck:
hello what are your scores if you dont mind? I still waiting

NBD-1 : 93
Toefl : 263
GPA : 3.75

Members don't see this ad :)
BU gives lot of importance to NBDE scores. You scores are great, so you will definetely get in. Its an easy interview too. Just be cool, you will get it.

Good Luck..

S vashishta said:
NBD-1 : 93
Toefl : 263
GPA : 3.75
congrats vashista,
all the best
can u tell me when did u apply and when did u recieve the call.?also did u recieve any confirmation letter from them reg if they have recieved ur app etc....before the interview letter?
thanks

Thanx Ram , Busydentist & Starwars

Starwars, I applied on the very first day the application process opened for BU & I got the letter for interview on 24th Aug. Also I recved the letter u have mentioned.

S vashishta said:
Thanx Ram , Busydentist & Starwars

Starwars, I applied on the very first day the application process opened for BU & I got the letter for interview on 24th Aug. Also I recved the letter u have mentioned.
Hi S vashishta, we are on the same page.I will have an interview at BU on September 30.

congrats on getting the interview call guys! and good luck! both you guys have great scores, so be confident and ace that interview! :luck:

congrats vashista and mariya!!!

i am sure both of u will do fine .
good luck!!
hey mariya when did u apply?
thank u
mandakki

mandakki said:
congrats vashista and mariya!!!

i am sure both of u will do fine .
good luck!!
hey mariya when did u apply?
thank u
mandakki
Thanks mandakki,i applied on 3 August,almost at the begining of the process.

thank u mariya.
good luck once again
mandakki

Members don't see this ad :)
caninus_molarus said:
i got an interview call too, its on sep 23rd.

What r ur scores like ?
I hope u can provide us with some useful info when u're done with the interview. I wish u luck :luck:

good luk 4 the interview.I would like to know wt dental material u have used 4 the nbde part 1

Hi guys,

Can anyone of you post me the telephone number for Boston University,I have also applied and was looking for the number but all I can find is the email ID.

Hi Neha
the Ph # for Bu is 617-638-4787 GOOD LUCK!!!
JGR

JGR said:
Hi Neha
the Ph # for Bu is 617-638-4787 GOOD LUCK!!!
JGR

Thanks a lot JGR .Will call them tomorrow. :)

hi neha
Nicole direct number is
617-638-4788
she is in charge of the international Admissions
even though u call the 617 638 4787, ur call will be later transfered to nicole
so its better to call her directly( this saves minutes, phone bill ....,so that u can save for your college).

Good Luck

Good Luck
Mariya,caninus,s.vasistha
All The Best

busydentist said:
hi neha
Nicole direct number is
617-638-4788
she is in charge of the international Admissions
even though u call the 617 638 4787, ur call will be later transfered to nicole
so its better to call her directly( this saves minutes, phone bill ....,so that u can save for your college).

Good Luck
Hi,
I called the number and they said they will send a letter after they recieve my application and also if anything is missing.How long will it usually take.And suppose if a document is missing wont it take too long to know about that as we have to wait till we recieve the letter.I am late alredy? :eek: I am kind of tensed :scared:

i too got an interview call but it is pretty late........14th October.does it mean that my chances are few????????? :(

was wondering how many are usually called for the interview n how many are finally accepted? :scared:

does anyone have Nicole's email id?i am from India and was wondering if i could request them for a telephonic interview???????? :confused:

Hello Cleo,

Where are you from India? How did you finish off your NDBE exams? Did you come to US to write them and went back?

I am now in India planning to write my Part I and Part II. Which type of visa can I apply to write my NDBE part I and part II?

Thanks for your feedback......

Cleo said:
i too got an interview call but it is pretty late........14th October.does it mean that my chances are few????????? :(

was wondering how many are usually called for the interview n how many are finally accepted? :scared:

does anyone have Nicole's email id?i am from India and was wondering if i could request them for a telephonic interview???????? :confused:

Cleo said:

congrats cleo,
u r not late at all......it all depends on when u have applied and when did u recieve the call...also they might have purposely kept it late assuming that u r living out of US so u need more time to prepare and arrange to travel all the way here for the interview......
there is one person who is a sdn member who had given a telephonic interview that i know of.......i suggest just search a few posts on this forum and then u can contact that person and find out from him/her.
nicole's id is [email protected]
wat r ur scores .....if they r above 90 u have very good chances in bu
all the best.

Hi guys,
Does anyone have any idea whether it'll be too late if we apply to BU in the 1st week of october...I know the deadline for BU is Feb 1st but heard that they give consideration to the early applicants.Can somebody who has applied earlier to BU shed some light on this :idea: .thanks in advance.

yes, your chances will be less if you apply late, i know some people who are scqeduled on october 14th, so try ot apply as early as possible.

caninus_molarus said:
yes, your chances will be less if you apply late, i know some people who are scqeduled on october 14th, so try ot apply as early as possible.
Thanks for the reply caninus_molarus.I'll just apply as soon as I get all my documents and will try out my luck...whew.

Hi Emsi & caninus molarus ...how was ur interview at BU ?
Plz do let all of us know how was the experience & what all they asked ?

Also other ppl who had interview on Sept 23rd, at BU plz do give ur input.

Hi neha,
i too have received only that acknowledgement letter and nothing else.Hoping will hear from BU about an interview in this week.All this waiting is getting on my nerves! :rolleyes: .Hope we hear from them soon.

neha said:
HI,

I recieved a letter from BU that they recieved my application and thats it.They are asking me to wait for their letter and not telling anything on phone.Its almost like 20 days.Is anyone else in the same position?

hi,i am in the same position..i am getting really anxious......when did u apply to bu?

Hi,

Thanks for replying you guys.It is preety frustrating waiting for their mail everyday and no recieving.I applied in the first week of sept.But the thing is am not sure if they have recieved all my documents , my NBD scores especially.And there is no way of knowing untill we recieve a letter.And if they havent then they will post me a letter and then I will have to send them my documents again . It will take a long time if this happens .

hey u know i think we both have penn and bu interviews on the same date.and i dont think u should worry saying this is late, as someone in these forums previously mentioned that sep 23 rd batch was first to be interviewed and i heard the interview only once a week or max twice a week, so i hope we wont be that late. tell me ur scores and gpa.

Cleo said:

Good luck for your interview. When did you apply for BU?

Hi,
I sent the application on 24th sep and requested NBDE scores to be sent on 20th sep they said it would take a min of 2 weeks to mail the scores. Do u think it would be too late by then atleast to be called for an interview? :confused:

S vashishta said:
Hi Emsi & caninus molarus ...how was ur interview at BU ?
Plz do let all of us know how was the experience & what all they asked ?
as all of you already know from caninus molaris, the interview wasn`t bad at all. i mean, nothing frustrating or special. they just want to know what kind of person you are and some basic stuff about yourself as hobbies, education, motivation .... don`t worry and believe in yourself. that`s it.

Thanx for the reply Emsi.

hi dhee!

i had applied to BU online on 3rd August n received their letter on 28th August. dont worry u'll receive urs soon. All d best!

Cleo said:
hi dhee!

i had applied to BU online on 3rd August n received their letter on 28th August. dont worry u'll receive urs soon. All d best!

Hi cleo,
Did they send u a letter saying your application was complete initially or you got an interview call from them directly.

neha said:
Hi cleo,
Did they send u a letter saying your application was complete initially or you got an interview call from them directly.

i had got an interview call from them directly.

neha said:
HI,

I recieved a letter from BU that they recieved my application and thats it.They are asking me to wait for their letter and not telling anything on phone.Its almost like 20 days.Is anyone else in the same position?

i'm also in the same position. waiting eagerly for their letter.

mandent said:
i'm also in the same position. waiting eagerly for their letter.
the last time that I told to nicole she told me interwied letter sart in oct anybady was acepted yet?

hi
i had applied to boston thru online application on 10 aug then i had send request for my scores on 3 sept till now i have not heard anything.i dont know whats going to happen.

sonibun said:
hi
i had applied to boston thru online application on 10 aug then i had send request for my scores on 3 sept till now i have not heard anything.i dont know whats going to happen.
hello everyone today had very bad experience for me very angry nicole told me that my aplication was not procceses yet why they took my check I live in boston I was very angry since they told me I just need to pay by check or online looks like I have to do the aplication on line anyway why I was not informed be aware some aplication they dont do the fallow up......... why if I dont call I will be gone ..............

Hi, I am scheduled for an interview at BY for 21st of October. If any one is scheduled on the same day please PM me . good luck to all of You. :thumbup:

hey guys,
for all those who r done with their interview at bu please share any input.....
wat q's were asked during interview?any do's and dont's....?
any info is appreciated....
thanks

hi guys,

I finally got my interview call.

I know that in BU if you have a score above 90 and they like you, they send you an accpetance letter immidiately.Otherwise they keep you on a waitlist till april or may.
I know a friend of mine who got accepted 3 days before the school started.

best of luck for everyone out here

dentistplease,
when is your interview??I have mine on 28th oct.

hi GP,
My interview is on the 14th of October

Best of luck for yours.

G.P said:
dentistplease,
when is your interview??I have mine on 28th oct.

Dentistplease&neha,
Best of luck for your interviews
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Any one else on the 28th of october??