BU Supplemental?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalschool12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having a really hard time answering the BU supplemental question:
Why is Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine a good choice for you?
In a short statement, please describe what interests and appeals to you about Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine.

I'm not sure how to approach this question.
Does anyone have any ideas???

Members don't see this ad.

Why is Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine a good choice for you?
In a short statement, please describe what interests and appeals to you about Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine.

Take a look at ADEA and BU's website and start getting an idea about what the program is about. Figure out what you want to get out of their program and write it down.

I can't remember because it was like 2.5-3 months ago but if I'm remembering right, the essay part was pretty brief.

You're gonna have to do your own research for this one bud, sorry.

Members don't see this ad :)

There were these current BU student that had really nice things to say about BU. Maybe they can help you. Budentite and Extrasourcream.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=813726

I was fortunate enough to have worked with one of the Dental Anesthesiologists that graduated from Boston University School of Dentistry so I some things to say about that

Take a look at ADEA and BU's website and start getting an idea about what the program is about. Figure out what you want to get out of their program and write it down.

I can't remember because it was like 2.5-3 months ago but if I'm remembering right, the essay part was pretty brief.

I started to read threads on SDN to get some ideas for the supplementary app and was shocked to read some of the feedback. It was a bit scary.

For example, due to the lack of patients, the clinical requirement for root canals was a whopping one and it could be done on a typodont mannequin. I don't know about you but I would need a GPR after this dental education/training.

Thus, I didn't even bother applying to BU and ate the AADSAS app fee I already paid.

Maybe toothhorne could weigh in here and share some of his knowledge about BU?

This is the same question they ask you on almost every school supplemental. Why our school?

Seems pretty clear what they want. Why do YOU want to go to BU. Don't ask us, only know.

With that said, many people recommended ADEA book, and their website. Also taking a look at their curriculum might help.

Their website is not that bad and has lots of info. Even a cursory glance can give you something to relate to and answer why you want to go there...

Hey can u pls guide me also??