Program-Specific Info / Q's BU vs NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ot0

Reaction score
Hi everyone - curious what everyone’s thoughts are on BU OTD program versus NYU MSOT program. I’ve been accepted to BU and am waiting to hear back from NYU, but am interested in both.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone - curious what everyone’s thoughts are on BU OTD program versus NYU MSOT program. I’ve been accepted to BU and am waiting to hear back from NYU, but am interested in both.
Hi! Congrats on your acceptance! I'm wondering when you applied to BU and when did you hear back? Thanks!
Also - I'm looking into both schools as well. I went to NYU undergrad and absolutely loved it. I have nothing but good things to say about the professors and coursework. You learn from the best of the best in their area of specialty and I assume grad school is the same, if not better.
That being said, I think the OTD degree from BU may hold more weight than a Master's, plus NYU is pretty expensive. It all depends on what you're looking for, though!
(if you could provide your GPA, major, recommenders and OT observation hours - that'd be awesome)

Hey! Thanks for your insight. I heard back from BU the second week of December.

GPA: 3.8
Major: health science
Minor: special education and pre occupational therapy
Recommenders: hand OT, anatomy lab prof, anatomy lecture professor, co founder of my non profit, and special education minor professor
OT Observation: about 150 (in 5 different settings)

Reactions: 1 user