BU vs. UDM vs. Marquette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which School would you choose?

• BU

• UDM

• Marquette

Results are only viewable after voting.

fayermi195

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am from Canada so in state tuition does not make a difference.
I was wondering if I could get all of your lovely opinions on choosing between these 3 schools!
Ultimately I want to enjoy my four years and be the most prepared start my career as a general dentist.

BU cons (most expensive): expensive cost of living, clinical experience not as good?
UDM cons (middle): Detroit is the not the safest place to live
Marquette (least expensive): not as recognizable

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I know with Marquette you get a lot of clinical experience!

You can go to UDM and live in Windsor. Lots of Canadians that go to UDM do it. UDM is pretty much across the river. You get to keep your health insurance and stick with a Canadian drivers license.

Members don't see this ad :)
Marquette seems significantly cheaper? Go there unless your family is near detroit and that's a consideration for you

Marquette is an overall great school. didactics, clinics, and location. gl

Reactions: 1 users
Pros: strong research, good faculty connections for specialty programs out east, loved the city when I interviewed, lots of opportunities in the curriculum

Cons: expensive, faculty told me it's a very densely populated building, sim lab was old/dusty, you're also competing with tufts and harvard for patients (tufts gets the most and its down the street from BU), weaker clinical program than UDM and Marquette

I am from Canada so in state tuition does not make a difference.
I was wondering if I could get all of your lovely opinions on choosing between these 3 schools!
Ultimately I want to enjoy my four years and be the most prepared start my career as a general dentist.

BU cons (most expensive): expensive cost of living, clinical experience not as good?
UDM cons (middle): Detroit is the not the safest place to live
Marquette (least expensive): not as recognizable

Thanks! :)

I worked with a dentist who went to Marquette. In my opinion, Marquette is more highly known and most more competitive that either (higher GPA, DAT scores etc.). I'd choose Marquette. But BU has a lot of Canadians too, and it's pretty much right there which is a plus.

Reactions: 1 user