Building my application from an early stage - prospective non student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProspectiveKidd

Membership Revoked
Removed
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know i need shadowing, volunteer work, a good GPA and DAT, LORs (from who?) and a letter from the dentist(s) i shadowed. Im going to try to get 150 hours+ of each on shadowing and volunteer and do my best to get respectable marks. I know they want to know about manual dexterity as well....maybe instruments or things like that (i started learning guitar for a little bit, ill pick it back up). I honestly have crappy motor skills with my left hand im comparison to my right. What other sections of the application are there that im going to need to be prepared for? Im sure this question has been asked many times...but if nobody asked the same thing the boards would be dead!

Maybe i should learn another language as well..i think that is something alot of people do while they are in college however - i am not currently.

also i have heard of people doing 'research'...not sure what that actually is.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You're asking a very broad question. And I could write pages on this if I didnt have to go to classes.

But it seems like youre on the right track. You can go create an account on ADEA and see for yourself the actual blanks you will be filling in.