Building Relations with Pharmacists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GovernmentBranch

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may sound like a dumb question, but how can I get the Pharmacists to like me?
I work as a Pharmacy Tech in really busy location, at the most we'll have 2 Pharmacy techs and the Pharmacist with about 400 prescriptions to fill, 5 calls on the line, and a whole bunch of lines at drive thru, pick up, drop off, and consultation, so everyone working is really stressed out and I can never speak with any of the Pharmacists because they all seem like they are about to explode at any moment from all the stress.

How can I go about building a relationship with the Pharmacists? I feel like there's so much going on that I can barely get a single word in to them.I want to ask them for letters of recommendations, but I need to establish a relationship with them first, any tips?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you work on saturday or Sunday? My pharmacist at walmart told me that her pharmacy is slow on Sunday and after 7-30 pm. So i shadowed her at those time. Maybe u can think about switching ur schedule to less busy day to have more time building relationship woth ur pharmacist. I don't know if this is a good idea.

Do you work on saturday or Sunday? My pharmacist at walmart told me that her pharmacy is slow on Sunday and after 7-30 pm. So i shadowed her at those time. Maybe u can think about switching ur schedule to less busy day to have more time building relationship woth ur pharmacist. I don't know if this is a good idea.
I only work on the weekends, but no matter what day of the week it is we always have a long list of things to do! They will only have at the most 2 techs there and we have to answer phone calls, do drive thru, pick up and drop off prescriptions, and we have people complaining every which way. it is truly never ending.
But when we do get rare down-time, I try conversing with the Pharmacists and they just all seem so miserable!

Members don't see this ad :)
Im sorry that it seems hard for u to build a relationship with a pharmacist. Do u have any free time during the week? How about go volunteer at some "less busy" pharmacy for few hours a week? Maybe one of the pharmacist can write u a letter.

Try to find a job at a much less busy pharmacy. You'll learn a lot by building a relationship with a pharmacist. I did. I worked with a couple that I'll hopefully stay in contact with for a long time, even though I decided to go into medicine instead of pharmacy. Even if it's a pay cut, I think it would be worth it

Try to find a job at a much less busy pharmacy. You'll learn a lot by building a relationship with a pharmacist. I did. I worked with a couple that I'll hopefully stay in contact with for a long time, even though I decided to go into medicine instead of pharmacy. Even if it's a pay cut, I think it would be worth it
That might be my only solution, I've been working at the Pharmacy for almost 3 months now and I barely even remember the Pharmacists names.It's very hard to connect with any of them in this environment, and I would like to get at least 2 LOR from Pharmacists. Thanks.

Try looking around independent pharmacies. The independent I work at only fills around 40 prescriptions or less a day. It is a really chill place and I get a lot of exposure to the world of pharmacy rather than the stressful working environment.

Reactions: 1 user
Try looking around independent pharmacies. The independent I work at only fills around 40 prescriptions or less a day. It is a really chill place and I get a lot of exposure to the world of pharmacy rather than the stressful working environment.
That sounds like a dream! Only having to fill 40 prescriptions a day would be lovely, I'll try to look around for some smaller Pharmacies!