Business to MA in School Psychology Advice Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gs014821

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

First, I'd like to thank everyone for this wonderful forum. I've recently gained a lot of interest in psychology and have spent quite some time reading various posts.

I'm posting this in hopes of receiving advice on getting into a Master's in School Psychology program with an undergrad Business degree.

Background:
I'm 33 years old and graduated with a Bachelor's in Business Admin from a mid-tier local state school in 2006. I graduated with a 2.7 but I was fortunate to get some good roles in customer relationship/sales positions at various firms. Since graduating, I've worked primarily in retail banks for approximately 1-2 years each, and kept switching to a different bank after poor reviews due to low sales. The jobs weren't a great fit for me, but I stuck around for the decent money, only to finally realize and accept I don't feel happy or fulfilled in these roles.

However, I do like working with people, and I've become interested in pursuing a Master's Degree in School Psychology. I'm currently focusing on schools such as LIU Hudson and LIU as well as Touro College and Penn State. What are my odds of getting into such programs? What is the job market like for master's graduates with such degrees?

If there is a chance, I'd greatly appreciate any advice on getting into these programs. I've taken 1 psychology course in undergrad, which I understand is another limitation. Any other advice such as opportunities with Psychology given background are also welcome.

Thank you all for your time.

Members don't see this ad.