Buying Equipment

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roush137

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am a first year student and we will be buying equipment soon. We have seen Heine and Welch Allyn BIOs and diagnostic sets. I am definitely getting the Heine BIO, but we are all really unsure on which diagnostic set to purchase. I can get a discount on Heine if I buy both from them but Welch Allyn is offering a free panoptic if we go with them. Is there really a huge difference between the 2? We also have a pretty good incentive from Heine if our entire class goes exclusive with them. Can anyone give some advice that will help me choose? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

There is not a huge difference at all. I bought everything from Keeler, but I wish I would have gone with Welch Allyn to save money.

In the end its all the same. You get used to whatever brand you buy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I graduated from OSU and we all went with Heine equipment. It was better made and came with much better warranties. There are some cheaper sets if you look at Welch Allyn but they're made out of plastic and the warranties aren't as good. I looked at it like I wanted to buy the best and Heine offers a lifetime service on their hand helds. With the promotions it ended up being about the same as the cheaper Welch Allyn sets. The other big thing for me was the service. The Heine rep is always there and all of my classmates were really happy whenever we needed anything. Definitely happy I went with all Heine.

ok,The Heine rep is always there and all of my classmates were really happy whenever we needed anything.
2fQcHv