By Name Request

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
How I doctor for seal team six?

I joke. I already know who the DEVGRU UMO is, and I'll never measure up to him.

I wanted to query the wise veteran minds here if they ever been through this process. I'm trying to use Milpersman 1301-202 "By Name Request" to get a specific squadron billet. Talked with the CO and the pilots are excited to have me as their doc. Deployed with them last year to the sand box and I was able to help them out and they remembered. The outgoing FS' orders should coincide with mine in terms of timing.

All the instructions say is that the officer is uniquely fit for the unit and then approval by the first 1-star in the chain of command. After that routed to BUPERS.

Except there's no template, no document I can find to start the process. Every PS I spoke with looks utterly bewildered because my question isn't about pay or DEERS. And even then they can't help me with that.

Thoughts? And yes. I do know I'm going to spend all this effort to have someone in Milton in 5 months tell me no and then send me to China Lake or 29 Palms.

As an aside, really nice to see some familiar names on this board after all these years. Everyone's advice/rants/salt/warnings all came true and then some when I was a medical student. Made me a better prepared GMO I believe.

Members don't see this ad.

How I doctor for seal team six?

I joke. I already know who the DEVGRU UMO is, and I'll never measure up to him.

I wanted to query the wise veteran minds here if they ever been through this process. I'm trying to use Milpersman 1301-202 "By Name Request" to get a specific squadron billet. Talked with the CO and the pilots are excited to have me as their doc. Deployed with them last year to the sand box and I was able to help them out and they remembered. The outgoing FS' orders should coincide with mine in terms of timing.

All the instructions say is that the officer is uniquely fit for the unit and then approval by the first 1-star in the chain of command. After that routed to BUPERS.

Except there's no template, no document I can find to start the process. Every PS I spoke with looks utterly bewildered because my question isn't about pay or DEERS. And even then they can't help me with that.

Thoughts? And yes. I do know I'm going to spend all this effort to have someone in Milton in 5 months tell me no and then send me to China Lake or 29 Palms.

As an aside, really nice to see some familiar names on this board after all these years. Everyone's advice/rants/salt/warnings all came true and then some when I was a medical student. Made me a better prepared GMO I believe.
Memorandum for Record, maybe?

Are you a current GMO/FS? If so, have you spoken with your detailer about this billet? That would be my first step, and I’m sure your detailer can tell you whether a BNR is necessary or even applicable.

Reactions: 1 user
The FS detailer is your best hope here. Squadrons can want someone all they want but at the end of the day the detailer is going to be the one who is going to help you get where you want to go.

The FS detailer just switched, so the current person in the billet should be in it for the next few years.