C-arm table recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CarabinerSD

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am shopping for another C-arm to replace our aging C-arm (Medstone Elite table with 2 motions: vertical & Trendelenburg).
Would ideally want something with vertical & lateral tilt.

1. Considering Oakworks CFPM200 (has 2 motions above). For those with Oakworks, what makes you like your particular table versus other brands? I hear Oakworks can go lower so don't need to use step stool to get patient on table.
  2. Any other brands/models to consider?
  3. I am OK with buying refurb...any good outlet I should browse through?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, my Oakworks goes very low. Use the stool maybe once a month now. I like mine. I have vertical/trend/airplane

Members don't see this ad :)
CFPM300

I think it was around $14k new. Bought from medline.

More than happy to learn if I missed something, but for pain interventions, wouldn't the CFPM301 which has height/trendelenburg/longitudinal travel be more useful?

Yes, my Oakworks goes very low. Use the stool maybe once a month now. I like mine. I have vertical/trend/airplane

Do you find Trendelenburg useful? I mean I can tilt the C-arm cranial/caudal to achieve similar viewing angle on fluoro?

CFPM300 is about $1.5k more than CFPM200 for the trendelenburg function essentially, so I am curious what your use case is for the additional cost (possible more parts to break?).

Do you find Trendelenburg useful? I mean I can tilt the C-arm cranial/caudal to achieve similar viewing angle on fluoro?

CFPM300 is about $1.5k more than CFPM200 for the trendelenburg function essentially, so I am curious what your use case is for the additional cost (possible more parts to break?).
Worth it. 3 way table really useful.

Worth it. 3 way table really useful.

I will consider the CFPM300 as well. Steve, what is your typical usage for Trendelenburg function during procedures? The current C-arm I'm using has that function but I can't say I've utilized it extensively.

I will consider the CFPM300 as well. Steve, what is your typical usage for Trendelenburg function during procedures? The current C-arm I'm using has that function but I can't say I've utilized it extensively.
We use the heads up position all the time for patients with hyperlordosis, and keeps the C-ARM in a more neutral position overhead rather than having to cranial tilt the heck out of the intensifier. I couldn’t do cervical trials without the heads up position. I also use a head down position when patients are getting on the table who have limited mobility, and they can’t get the table low enough for them to slide off their walker onto the table.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Trend useful for cervical trials

I haven't done much cervical trials. Can you explain how heads up position helps with trial lead entry or driving?

Also do you use a cervical positioning pillow (something like this ) for cervical procedures (ESI, MBB, RFA) or is the built in headrest of the CFPM300 sufficient enough?

Check Durabuilt PMT8000 series tables. Hold 650 lbs, go low, multiple function options. Not recommending any vendor but this is the table:

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone use a spine positioning system (i.e. from oakworks)? is it helpful?

I bought a “used” streamline surgical tables about 7 years ago. Still running great. Patients say it’s comfortable. Used due to them using it for a weekend conference demo. I thought it was like 8-10k back then. No issues, would recommend

I have a Stille medstone PM3 table (leased from the guy who owns my space) that suddenly stopped working. See the video:

Fortunately it failed in a position that's useful for procedures.

I sent the video to the company, and they sent out an all-inclusive quote for up to $6k in work, which includes flying a guy out from IL to inspect/repair it. This sounds effing crazy when the problem is most likely a failed remote. Any suggestions?

I have a Stille medstone PM3 table (leased from the guy who owns my space) that suddenly stopped working. See the video:

Fortunately it failed in a position that's useful for procedures.

I sent the video to the company, and they sent out an all-inclusive quote for up to $6k in work, which includes flying a guy out from IL to inspect/repair it. This sounds effing crazy when the problem is most likely a failed remote. Any suggestions?

I might be a little handier than most, but I would disassemble the table myself and replace whatever is broken. This may include motors, switches, wiring, etc.

I might be a little handier than most, but I would disassemble the table myself and replace whatever is broken. This may include motors, switches, wiring, etc.

My plan is to try removing the shell on Monday to see i the remote can be unplugged. Some of these companies charge $1000+ for a replacement remote. One would think there would be a set of controls on the table itself rather than leaving it up to a cheap ass piece of plastic like the one you see here.

Oakworks spine positioner is nice for implants but makes the table much higher and you will have to assist nearly every patient up onto it.