C

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

randompremed457

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
“S--- happens dawg.”

I’m struggling to come up a reason why they would ask this. I can’t remember being asked this in any one of my interviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
So let me preface this by saying, I really don’t think it matters that you got one C.
And no one you should be concerned about will either.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would want to know how you react to having a C. Chances are you will get C grades in school, so how you explain what you did and how you would correct yourself would be important to me. Do you own it? That would be why I would ask.

Reactions: 3 users
It is highly unlikely that you will be asked about it. If you are asked, just shrug, say the instructor lost my final assignment, didn't give me an opportunity to replace it (you had a copy, right??), and you just decided not to fight it, you took the C and moved on. That you didn't make a fuss at breaking a perfect 4.0 might tell us that you don't have a strong perfectionist streak which is a good thing.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Thank you! I’ll stick with this advice on the very small chance that I am asked about it.
It is highly unlikely that you will be asked about it. If you are asked, just shrug, say the instructor lost my final assignment, didn't give me an opportunity to replace it (you had a copy, right??), and you just decided not to fight it, you took the C and moved on. That you didn't make a fuss at breaking a perfect 4.0 might tell us that you don't have a strong perfectionist streak which is a good thing.

So let me preface this by saying, I really don't think it matters that I got one C. Here's the story, I managed to receive A's in every single one of my courses EXCEPT this a 1 credit elective. In my 1 credit elective, I received a C grade because my professor lost my final assignment.

I had one meeting with him after receiving the grade (he initially marked me with an F) where he basically said he couldn't do anything about it and would bring my grade up to a C because he believed that I did in fact turn in the assignment. Quite honestly, I couldn't care less about the C so I left it at that and never thought about it again.

Now, I've read stories about people in interviews with similar situations (only one non-A grade on their transcript) being jokingly asked about what happened during that course. I don't think that the C will impact my acceptance chance, BUT I am worried about being asked about it. I'm not sure how it would look if I went in there and said "my professor lost my assignment and I didn't really fight for my grade". Any advice on how I can get around this on the off chance that I am asked?
Just tell the truth.

Also, contact your school's registrar to see if you can get a retroactive W for the course. This is a thing at some colleges.

Reactions: 1 users
Just tell the truth.

Also, contact your school's registrar to see if you can get a retroactive W for the course. This is a thing at some colleges.
Would there be any real benefit of getting a W instead?