c3.45, s3.5, MCAT 25

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AkGrown84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My stats are as follows:
cumulative 3.45
science 3.5
MCAT 25 (6/10/9)

I know my PS is low, it seriously kicked my butt! It's too late in the app cycle to retake (and I'm uncomfortable taking it again at this point until I study more...if I have to/don't get in this cycle).

My EC's are fairly good (with the exception of no real research). I have a B.A. in History, and have done all my prereqs post-bac. Tons of clinical, plenty of shadowing, including a D.O., volunteering, etc. Pretty darn good PS (if I do say so myself ;) ), that should make me stand out a bit (I hope!).

I've applied to AZCOM, ATSU-SOMA, ATSU-KCOM, ACOM, LECOM, LECOM-Bradenton, LMU-DCOM, MU-COM, NSU-COM/NOVA, PCOM, RowanSOM, TUCOM-CA, TUNCOM, WVSOM, and WesternU-COMP both CA and OR.

I also applied to a few MD schools (either strictly because of location or price) before I got my MCAT back, and now I'm pretty sure there's not a snowball's chance in you know where that I'll even get interviews there.

Therefore, I applied broadly, primarily to D.O. schools....what do you think my chances are? Will my 6 PS score get me autoscreened out of any of the above schools?!

Members don't see this ad.

We are pretty much stats twins. I would add cusom and take off azcom if I were you

Members don't see this ad :)
We are pretty much stats twins. I would add cusom and take off azcom if I were you

Why CUSOM? Do they tend to accept those with lower MCATs? I applied to AZCOM primarily because of location-we have family in the area and have spent a LOT of time in the Phoenix area (plus, my husband pretty much has a standing job if we move there....that's a BIG thing, as we have 4 children!). Is there something specific about AZCOM that you don't like? I only ask, as I applied broadly and haven't really, REALLY looked into each schools programs (PBL, rotations, etc), only really checked each one out on the surface.

Thanks for your input!

Why CUSOM? Do they tend to accept those with lower MCATs? I applied to AZCOM primarily because of location-we have family in the area and have spent a LOT of time in the Phoenix area (plus, my husband pretty much has a standing job if we move there....that's a BIG thing, as we have 4 children!). Is there something specific about AZCOM that you don't like? I only ask, as I applied broadly and haven't really, REALLY looked into each schools programs (PBL, rotations, etc), only really checked each one out on the surface.

Thanks for your input!

Azcom really likes a high mcat and your stats are right around what cusoms averages are.