c3.63, s3.76, MCAT 36. Too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cubbieman25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found out my MCAT score last week, and I did not submit my primary until after I received my score to get a better idea of where to apply. I know it was very late, but I am still hopeful for getting accepted in this cycle.

I am from Illinois and just graduated from the University of Illinois. Did I apply too late into the cycle to have a chance to get into a state school? And what are my realistic chances O.O.S.? I am Asian American (Nepalese), and I have a lot volunteer and clinical experience, with little research experience. I just wanted to gauge my chances. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

your mcats good, your gpas okay, a little below average for most illinois schools (well cgpa at least)

i dont know man, being late is gonna hurt you a lot
my stats are lower than yours so take this with that in mind, but i applied last year with similar timing to what you have now and didnt get any love from any of the illinois schools, im an illinois resident myself

if it were the beginning of the cycle id give you a good shot
but for now just apply very broadly, you got a better than average mcat and average GPA so you still stand a chance, both in state and out