CA 2 Position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lvmr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friends.I finished my CA 1 yrear ago with full credit for 1 yr.My ITE and AKT is 84 percentile.I was feeling little stressed at the end of CA 1 year and there was a death in family and I was stressed out and changed my residency to Medicine.But I realised now I liked doing Anesthesia more and I miss it every day.Is there any way of getting CA 2 position starting from June this year.I contacted my original program but unfortunately they filled that spot.Will there be any possibility for CA2 in 2 yrs from now when I finish my present residency because I like doing Anes, more.I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would just e-mail every program ASAP.

You may have a lot of explanation to do though. It is Ok to jump from one field to another, but if you want to do a 360, you better have a convincing story.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi friends.I finished my CA 1 yrear ago with full credit for 1 yr.My ITE and AKT is 84 percentile.I was feeling little stressed at the end of CA 1 year and there was a death in family and I was stressed out and changed my residency to Medicine.But I realised now I liked doing Anesthesia more and I miss it every day.Is there any way of getting CA 2 position starting from June this year.I contacted my original program but unfortunately they filled that spot.Will there be any possibility for CA2 in 2 yrs from now when I finish my present residency because I like doing Anes, more.I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.

Try Penn State Anesthesiology... I think we have 3 CA-2 positions open.

FYI, this program is solid.

Liked the interview there, but Hershey is definitely not solid. More like a hershey squirt if you will.

I emailed program coordinator.No response.
Please let me know if you still have those posotions.
Thanks