CAAPID 2015...share all info...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nbde4dds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
All the best everyone,dunno why i feel No one post nothing on SDN since last year...must say posting experiences,about ivs helps so many ppl around...so guys please take some time to write it...thank you...

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to all of us who are applying for this cycle.:)

Guys are California schools like UCLA ucsf uop and otherwise UPenn on rolling admission? I'm waking for my part 2 result to come before applying. Or should I just apply now?

Guys are California schools like UCLA ucsf uop and otherwise UPenn on rolling admission? I'm waking for my part 2 result to come before applying. Or should I just apply now?
whether rolling basis or not will not affect your application unless you are too late in applying. If you are to get your results this month itself you should wait.

hello mates... even i'm gonna be an applicant this cycle. very anxious as this is my first time. can you pls tell me whether submitting the lor's to caapid in paper form is ok? though in the site it mentions the e-form is preferable.. cos i'm having few issues here in doing so... kindly help...

Hello people, as we all know, CAAPID cycle is gonna start very soon. I hv started this thread, so we can share any info with each other and help each other. All the best to all..
Hello,
Thank you for your contribution. I just wanted to ask how long is the cycle, I mean when is the deadline for application in the CAAPID

I'll advice you have every result before you apply to any California school cos you wont be able to update and that piece you want to add might be what will give your application the edge. (from personal experience)

Summary:
Either wait for all your results before you apply or apply with what you have.

Guys Loma Linda and USCF need original degrees and transcripts direct from home Uni. My question is do we need originals or do we get the existing ones photocopied and attested from our university and get that sent in a sealed envelope?

I'll advice you have every result before you apply to any California school cos you wont be able to update and that piece you want to add might be what will give your application the edge. (from personal experience)

Summary:
Either wait for all your results before you apply or apply with what you have.
thank you! thats excellent advice!

whether rolling basis or not will not affect your application unless you are too late in applying. If you are to get your results this month itself you should wait.
i gave it on 10, 11 (part 2) march. a friend gave it on 5, 6 and received it yesterday so im assuming ill get mine in the next 5-6 days.. i gues ill keep everyhting ready till then!

hey which all universities want original letters of recommendation?

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Caapid doubt
Q:.if we have worked as volunteer or have done observation under a US Dental Practitioner which category in the professional experience column we should mention this.

PLEASE SOMEONE REPLY

hello guys,

i have a question. UoP requires us to scan documents and send them and my scanner has a pretty prominent watermark at the bottom right corner. any suggestions as to what i should do? do u think thats okay or should i just go to a shop and get it scanned? (its expensive!)

:)

Last edited:
I think U shud go for a better scan..for expensv schol..U need to do expnsv thngs..BTW ..thts the most expnsv school of all...
Can U plz tell me that r we required to wait for their email confrmatn tht they hv processed our applicatn and then send them the suppl docs..or we can do so right away? Hv u received the confrmatn?
Thnx
thanks i will. i realized i was just being silly :p i suggest go ahead and send it. i havent received confirmation either but i think thats cox they have clearly mentioned that they wont process documents unless they are complete. and that they wont get bk to u if the docs are missing. since all suplemntal info is with us- go send it! im sending mine today :)

Both observation as well as volunteering in "other relevant info"? coz I am volunteering as a dental assistant. Shouldn't this go in "other work experience" ? m so confused just dont want to mess up

Hey guys. On the CAAPID 2015 application, it says new to CAAPID 2015 is comprehensive and best result GPA for ECE. Now my ECE for my dental school just gives me one average and I got it done last year. Any thoughts on this?

is anyone here applying to Oklahom University this year?

I am thinking of applying to Oklahoma University, not sure though because of the limited seats

Yeah ! They have just 4 seats. Are u per, resident/citizen?

Hi guys ... I have a question; If I have a master degree, do I have to put it under (Colleges/Dental Schools) or under (Advanced Dental Education) in the CAAPID application?

Thank you

Hi guys..cde programs attended will come under advanced education or other relevant information.????

I called them, they said the Master and all schools certificates under (Schools/Colleges) and the Advanced education under (Advanced)

Hey guys,how long does it take for caapid to process our application??last year wen i applied they updated my LOR the same day they recv it and less then a week to forward my whole application to schools...is the process different now??thank you.

Does CAAPID allow you to update TOEFL score once you have submitted your application to at least one program? I know this may have been allowed in the past but I just want to confirm if it's still allowed in the 2015 cycle. If you have already submitted your application to a program in this cycle, could you check and let me know? Thanks in advance!

hey guys...where did you write the dental assitant work in caapid??under other work experience or practice of dentistry?

hey just wanted to share info regarding sop...my frend got accepted in buffalo after getting an sop written professioally. is this imp??

Anybody know hpw to write citation foe a publication for caapid application????

guys did anyone apply to university of louisville, kentucky?

I wasn't going to apply this year however my situation has changed and I know that most schools are pretty much reaching their application deadlines. I would however like to apply to the schools whose deadlines are beyond august.I believe it would take me approximately that long to get my stuff together. Is it even worth it?? or should I just try next year. Also my ECE eval just says grade average. It doesn't say anywhere comprehensive or best average. it is a course by course evaluation. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

If you feel that your stats are good, then just apply. If your stats may improve for next year, then wait. Again, it is just a question of how comfortable you are spending a few hundred dollars

AND REGARDING ECE, either mention just ur comprehensive GPA in both comprehensive and best GPA columns, or just fill it in comprehensv GPA column and leave the best GPA column blank.[/QUOT
If you feel that your stats are good, then just apply. If your stats may improve for next year, then wait. Again, it is just a question of how comfortable you are spending a few hundred dollars
Well I'm hoping to be the one that falls thru the loop to be honest :)

AND REGARDING ECE, either mention just ur comprehensive GPA in both comprehensive and best GPA columns, or just fill it in comprehensv GPA column and leave the best GPA column blank.
will do thank you.

guys does anyone got any IV calls from any university for this cycle ??

Guys Loma Linda and USCF need original degrees and transcripts direct from home Uni. My question is do we need originals or do we get the existing ones photocopied and attested from our university and get that sent in a sealed envelope?
Hi Loma.. I am trying to figure out the same for my wife. Could you please let me know what you found on this matter? Were the attested copes fine or do they require originals? Thanks.