California DPT Schools 2021-2022 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Me too buddy. I was competitive in all of my scores so I’m not really sure why I wasn’t offered a waitlist seat. Hope you get in your other programs.
Honestly my GPA is not competitive, so I wasn't expecting too much I just really needed to know. I'm trying to be hopeful about Long Beach and Fresno but if not I'll be attending MSMU so not too broken up about it.
Hope you get into somewhere as well! I've learned from undergrad admissions that admissions can be strange

Reactions: 1 user
Got off the high tier waitlist for CSULB today!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm waitlisted for CSULB but just got into CSUN yesterday! :)
I put down a deposit for MSMU already so now I gotta decide which program to choose.

Rejected my Chapman and Loma Linda admissions so I hope it opened up a seat for someone here :)

Reactions: 5 users
I put down a deposit for MSMU already so now I gotta decide which program to choose.

Rejected my Chapman and Loma Linda admissions so I hope it opened up a seat for someone here :)
Congrats on the CSUN acceptance! I put my deposit down for UNLV, but I'm still optimistic to hear from CSUN this week!

I wonder how many acceptances they put out already.

Follow up!
I received a waitlist offer today for the residential program
They also said there is no order, so I guess it's a waiting game.
I just recieved rejection to both the residential and the hybrid 😅 congratulations on your waitlist!

If you don't mind my asking, did SDSU send you an email? Now I am frantically refreshing mine lol. The ~suspense~ is going to make me burst.
Hi! Sorry I just saw this. I received an email from Gloria. After accepting the e-mail I asked her if they had a WL number and she said they don’t rank but was able to tell me I had just missed acceptance. So hopefully someone changes their mind and declines a seat!

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly my GPA is not competitive, so I wasn't expecting too much I just really needed to know. I'm trying to be hopeful about Long Beach and Fresno but if not I'll be attending MSMU so not too broken up about it.
Hope you get into somewhere as well! I've learned from undergrad admissions that admissions can be strange
Keep your hopes up. I feel the same way about undergrad admissions. I got denied at CSU Fullerton which was my preferred school st the time. But got into SDSU and UCI…

When was your interview for CSUN? Congratulations!!!

Hi! Sorry I just saw this. I received an email from Gloria. After accepting the e-mail I asked her if they had a WL number and she said they don’t rank but was able to tell me I had just missed acceptance. So hopefully someone changes their mind and declines a seat!
I got accepted and am giving up my spot! I’ll try to send asap so hopefully it helps!

I got accepted and am giving up my spot! I’ll try to send asap so hopefully it helps!
Wow, yeah I still don’t know how the WL works since she said there isn’t a rank? I hope I get picked off the waitlist though! Thank you for this information 😊

Wow, yeah I still don’t know how the WL works since she said there isn’t a rank? I hope I get picked off the waitlist though! Thank you for this information 😊
One of my freinds whose in pt school says if a school doesn't rank a WL they just go back into their notes of the candidates and decide who they want to bring in next. hope this helps!

Just got accepted into west coast university! not sure if i will be attending but it is my first acceptance! on the waitlist at 2 other schools, awaiting 2 others, 3 denials

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted into west coast university! not sure if i will be attending but it is my first acceptance! on the waitlist at 2 other schools, awaiting 2 others, 3 denials
Congrats!!

Congratulations! I have also been accepted into West Coast this morning and it is also my first acceptance!

Congrats! There's a good chance I may be going to West Coast! I got into Chapman's summer cohort, and am waitlisted for MSMU. West Coast is twice as close to me as Chapman and about 60k cheaper, that is my main motivation right now!

Congrats!!! I did my Kira interview with CSUN at the beginning of December and still have not heard anything! so nervous

Congrats!! I just got in as well! Don’t know if I’ll be attending either.

Hey everyone. Does anybody know if West Coast has a cadaver lab? I know in years past they did not have one so I am just wondering if it still the same or if they changed recently?

Congrats! I also got in as well but may not be going because I got into my number one school elsewhere but still debating over things

Hey everyone. Does anybody know if West Coast has a cadaver lab? I know in years past they did not have one so I am just wondering if it still the same or if they changed recently?
I have a friend who just graduated who said they had cadaver models but not real cadavers. She said she preferred it over real ones, but it depends on the person!

I have a friend who just graduated who said they had cadaver models but not real cadavers. She said she preferred it over real ones, but it depends on the person!

out of curiosity, what do you mean by cadaver models? do you mean prosected cadavers aka there is no dissection as part of the program, or do you mean more plastic models of body parts

out of curiosity, what do you mean by cadaver models? do you mean prosected cadavers aka there is no dissection as part of the program, or do you mean more plastic models of body parts
I believe something like that. Like a plastic or latex model that you analyze from the outside (there may be some that have internal systems as well idk). She said their reasoning was that as PTs we will never need to work inside the human body, so this is a more realistic approach to learning the body.

I'm sure if you reach out to them they will be able to clarify.

Thank you so much for sharing and congrats! That's amazing about CSUN!!!!! I am so nervous. I thought my stats were pretty decent, but I haven't heard anything since my KIRA interview in November. :unsure: I wonder if they are going in specific order? Anyone else hear anything?

Thank you so much for sharing and congrats! That's amazing about CSUN!!!!! I am so nervous. I thought my stats were pretty decent, but I haven't heard anything since my KIRA interview in November. :unsure: I wonder if they are going in specific order? Anyone else hear anything?
I haven’t heard anything either since my KIRA at the end of November!

I haven’t heard anything either since my KIRA at the end of November!
So strange! I don't understand the wide range of dates for the assessment either. Mine was also at the end of November. Good luck to you!

Does she have any other opinions on their program? I’m just hesitant because it’s a for profit program and the reviews I’ve read for the nursing programs are terrible so I’m worried if this is the only school I get into if I should just go or reapply next year!

Does she have any other opinions on their program? I’m just hesitant because it’s a for profit program and the reviews I’ve read for the nursing programs are terrible so I’m worried if this is the only school I get into if I should just go or reapply next year!
I was concerned too, because I heard bad reviews on their OT department. She said that the PT department is totally separated faculty wise, and that she really loved the program. She said that their "student centered" mission statement rings true and her professors were always available. I was also concerned about the first time pass rate with the licensure exam which is significantly low in 2018 and 2019, but she said she felt totally prepared and that her only friends who didn't pass the first time had really hard life events happen around the test date.

Though a lot of her professors quit after the pandemic, and she said she felt a lack of leadership when that all first happened. Hopefully they have re organized and have a handle on what to do now though.

She said that if you get into another program that you're able to afford and move within a 30 min drive to go for it, but she had friends who commuted long distances and really struggled because of it which is why I'm more considering WCU over Chapman since I can't move to OC.

The campus is in a cool part of LA, in my opinion, if that is a concern for some.

I don't think one would regret going to their program if it's the only one they got itno. But if you can afford to wait on it and risk applying the next year its thats a personal choice! At the end of the day, we just need our DPT and I hear again and again from working PTs that it really doesn't matter where you get it since you do most of your learning on the job.

Reactions: 2 users
Idk if anyone else was waiting on Western, but I got an interview invite through email about an hour ago!

I was concerned too, because I heard bad reviews on their OT department. She said that the PT department is totally separated faculty wise, and that she really loved the program. She said that their "student centered" mission statement rings true and her professors were always available. I was also concerned about the first time pass rate with the licensure exam which is significantly low in 2018 and 2019, but she said she felt totally prepared and that her only friends who didn't pass the first time had really hard life events happen around the test date.

Though a lot of her professors quit after the pandemic, and she said she felt a lack of leadership when that all first happened. Hopefully they have re organized and have a handle on what to do now though.

She said that if you get into another program that you're able to afford and move within a 30 min drive to go for it, but she had friends who commuted long distances and really struggled because of it which is why I'm more considering WCU over Chapman since I can't move to OC.

The campus is in a cool part of LA, in my opinion, if that is a concern for some.

I don't think one would regret going to their program if it's the only one they got itno. But if you can afford to wait on it and risk applying the next year its thats a personal choice! At the end of the day, we just need our DPT and I hear again and again from working PTs that it really doesn't matter where you get it since you do most of your learning on the job.
Thanks so much for your response it helps a ton!! :) That’s good to hear ! I would have to move also but it is a guaranteed spot so that’s something to consider

Thanks so much for your response it helps a ton!! :) That’s good to hear ! I would have to move also but it is a guaranteed spot so that’s something to consider
Totally! I also asked her about where she studied and extracurricular opportunities. She said that she and her classmates would usually study in the library where there are individual cubicles, whiteboards, and study rooms to use, and you can also study in the classrooms outside of class since there isn't anything else going on and no other programs use those spaces. There are also cool coffee shops around to study at as well. She said students have the option to attend national and statewide PT conferences and can assist professors on research if there is a need and the students want to.

No problem and thank you! :D
I have no idea how their applicant review process goes, but I am truly hoping for the best for everyone on here. I think just being present here and posting shows how proactive and serious we all are.

If it makes anyone feel any better, I'll share this: Sure I've gotten acceptances but I haven't heard a peep from USC and got rejected by APU. PT is my second career so I have lots of random life experiences I was able to put down on my app that showed leadership. If you are worried about a gap year (or MANY like me, lol), or a response from your top choice school, just remember everyone has their own pace and you will definitely be able to reap the benefits of all the hard work very soon!

Received a waitlist offer email from USC Residential earlier today, which I will be declining. Sounds like USC is starting to notify applicants!

I got into University of St. augustine for the Fall 2022, anyone else planning on going there or anyone that knows anyone connected there?

Got into Chapman’s summer cohort today. Does anyone know if the deposit we make for summer can be later counted for fall, if admitted and prefer fall? (Chapman is one of my top choices and I don’t wanna lose my chance, but deposit is due mid February, and fall decisions they said will come out end of the month). I would prefer fall if I get an offer.

Got into Chapman’s summer cohort today. Does anyone know if the deposit we make for summer can be later counted for fall, if admitted and prefer fall? (Chapman is one of my top choices and I don’t wanna lose my chance, but deposit is due mid February, and fall decisions they said will come out end of the month). I would prefer fall if I get an offer.
I had two friends who both put down their deposit for Summer after acceptance and apparently it automatically closed their Fall application for Chapman but congrats!!!

Congrats on ur acceptance!!! May i ask what ur stats look like? Also, around what time did you receive ur acceptance? Chapman is my top choice and im still waiting on their decision for summer and fall :/

Last edited:
I was also accepted into Chapman's summer cohort in December. When I accepted the summer seat, they removed me from consideration in the fall.

Just got an acceptance email to Fresno state!!! I will be giving up my spot at MSMU and cancelling my interview with WesternU

Reactions: 3 users