California License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angeljrt15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long after you mail in your green form does it take the BOP to post your license online? Also, how long does it take to get your actual license by mail?......I feel like I've been waiting a century :wacky:

Members don't see this ad.

Same here. I found out I passed august 13th, mailed in my check, and the BOP still hasn't cashed my check/posted my license online. -__-

@cj98 When did you mail yours? I believe you can email/call them if you haven't received a response in 14 days. Maybe they post licenses in batches, just like NAPLEX and CPJE scores.

How long after you mail in your green form does it take the BOP to post your license online? Also, how long does it take to get your actual license by mail?......I feel like I've been waiting a century :wacky:

Try calling/emailing, but generally the CA BOP will not respond to your query unless it has been more than 10 business days from the day they RECEIVED your completed green letter. My license was issued on 8/26 but was posted online 8/28 -- I sent in my green letter the day I received it (8/14). The BOP is having technical issues updating their system with new licenses. I was told by a lady at the BOP that there is a 24-hour delay in posting licenses so if you were issued a license on 9/1, you won't see it online until the following day on 9/2. In terms of your actual hard-copy license, it takes 4-6 weeks.

Hope that makes sense. I know this because I have called the BOP more times than you can imagine. Good luck! :)

Last edited:
FYI, there are 2 things you can do to help get your license posted asap after sending the green letter:
1. send it overnight
2. use money order