California Northstate College of Pharmacy Class 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MBkidd

Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread for CNCP yet so thought I would start one here.

Members don't see this ad.

So far only the $1000 deposit fee, enrollment agreement, admission school performance and enrollment confirmation fee sheets are due after 14 days of acceptance right?
Also, I dont know what shots I need to get and when and where to get them?

So far only the $1000 deposit fee, enrollment agreement, admission school performance and enrollment confirmation fee sheets are due after 14 days of acceptance right?
Also, I dont know what shots I need to get and when and where to get them?

Yea, the items listed above needs to be sent to the school within 14 days of receiving them. As for the shots, I think Gail should've sent you the email regarding immunization. If you haven't receive this email, I think it's best to contact Gail about it. The immunization shots won't be due until July 23 so you have plenty of time for them. I'll probably go to my undergrad's student health center to get these shots as they also have my immunization record. If your school have one than it'll be easier to go there; if not, than you should probably call your doctor or local medical facilities, they should be able to help you out.

According to my letter, these are the required shots: vericella, measles, rubeola, mumps, hepatitis B, rubella, tetanus and tubercolosis.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks MBkidd!
I have to check to see if I can get the shots at my undergrad since I already graduated.

How are you guys planning on paying to go here? I'm super nervous... I don't know about Sallie Mae... I want to get a loan where I don't have to pay a monthly fee since I won't be working.... Anyone have any suggestions?!!

How are you guys planning on paying to go here? I'm super nervous... I don't know about Sallie Mae... I want to get a loan where I don't have to pay a monthly fee since I won't be working.... Anyone have any suggestions?!!

kirang, unfortunately, Sallie Mae is currently our best option; you can try to see if any of your local banks offer loans for graduate school. I recently apply and my interest rate 9%, so it's definitely not that bad. Try applying with a cosigner, you'll get a better rate. :thumbup:

kirang, unfortunately, Sallie Mae is currently our best option; you can try to see if any of your local banks offer loans for graduate school. I recently apply and my interest rate 9%, so it's definitely not that bad. Try applying with a cosigner, you'll get a better rate. :thumbup:

Well, that doesn't sound too bad... do you mind telling me how much your monthly payment is? I will look into local banks. Did you apply with a cosigner? This is the only thing that worries me about CNCP.... Other than that I'm superrr excited to start... I love the campus!!

Well, that doesn't sound too bad... do you mind telling me how much your monthly payment is? I will look into local banks. Did you apply with a cosigner? This is the only thing that worries me about CNCP.... Other than that I'm superrr excited to start... I love the campus!!

I did applied with a cosigner. As for the monthly payments, I won't know until the loan is finalized. I'm curious to know how much it is too. I also really like the campus and the surrounding area! :thumbup::thumbup:

Is it possible to get a lower interest rate than 9%? How good does the cosigner have to be to get the minimum or really low interest rate? I love the school too!:thumbup:

Is it possible to get a lower interest rate than 9%? How good does the cosigner have to be to get the minimum or really low interest rate? I love the school too!:thumbup:[/QUOTE

You can get it lower than 9% if you and your co-signer have great credits. I think the range is from 4.5 to 12.5 so it's possible; it all depends the credit scores!

Is it possible to get a lower interest rate than 9%? How good does the cosigner have to be to get the minimum or really low interest rate? I love the school too!:thumbup:[/QUOTE

You can get it lower than 9% if you and your co-signer have great credits. I think the range is from 4.5 to 12.5 so it's possible; it all depends the credit scores!

Great! How long does it take to fill out an application and then be approved for the loan? Basically, what is the timeframe on filling out the SallieMae application. I haven't done it yet and I need to know how soon I need to have it done by....

Great! How long does it take to fill out an application and then be approved for the loan? Basically, what is the timeframe on filling out the SallieMae application. I haven't done it yet and I need to know how soon I need to have it done by....

It doesn't take too long, about an hour at most when I filled it out. Once you're done, it'll tell you if you are approved or not, if approved than your portion of the loan application is finished and Sallie Mae will contact CNCP to get the loan certified. If not, you're gonna need a cosigner. Basically once you're done with the application and they approved you application, you don't need to do anything else.

It doesn't take too long, about an hour at most when I filled it out. Once you're done, it'll tell you if you are approved or not, if approved than your portion of the loan application is finished and Sallie Mae will contact CNCP to get the loan certified. If not, you're gonna need a cosigner. Basically once you're done with the application and they approved you application, you don't need to do anything else.

Awesome!! I'll do it this weekend!! Thanks MBkidd! See you in August! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
When is the best time to apply for the smart option loan? :)

I heard there's a time limit between your application is done and when it has to be certified by CNCP now. I was told by Patty to reapply since my intial application was outside of that time period. In short, you should definitely start applying for the loan right now or within the near future (before june).

I heard there's a time limit between your application is done and when it has to be certified by CNCP now. I was told by Patty to reapply since my intial application was outside of that time period. In short, you should definitely start applying for the loan right now or within the near future (before june).

When applying for the loan do you just apply for a one years worth of tuition or is it for the entire time you'll be at CNCP?

When applying for the loan do you just apply for a one years worth of tuition or is it for the entire time you'll be at CNCP?

I think it's just for one year. We have to reapply again over the summer.

Question, I filled out my loan application a few days ago and I haven't heard if I was approved or not... I thought I was suppose to find out immediately? :thumbdown:

After filling out the application, what status did sallie mae placed you in (approved, conditionally approved, or denied)? If you applied without a cosigner, chances are you'll be denied which mean you'll have to get a cosigner for the loan. With a cosigner, there'll be two portions, yours and the cosigner. Once you're done filling your part, the cosigner has to sign the loan. In your account homepage, go to the cosigner section and have them sign it. Once the cosigner sign the loan, there'll be a message that says something like "your portion of the loan is done, you don't have to take further action...the next step is for CNCP to certified the loan".

I suggest you look at your application again, if it's done, the status of the loan should be posted. Let me know how it goes!

After filling out the application, what status did sallie mae placed you in (approved, conditionally approved, or denied)? If you applied without a cosigner, chances are you'll be denied which mean you'll have to get a cosigner for the loan. With a cosigner, there'll be two portions, yours and the cosigner. Once you're done filling your part, the cosigner has to sign the loan. In your account homepage, go to the cosigner section and have them sign it. Once the cosigner sign the loan, there'll be a message that says something like "your portion of the loan is done, you don't have to take further action...the next step is for CNCP to certified the loan".

I suggest you look at your application again, if it's done, the status of the loan should be posted. Let me know how it goes!

I PM'ed you....

Hi,
I'm on the waiting list for CNCP. I don't know if I need to apply for the loan right now. What happen if I get accepted for the loan, but I can't get into school this year. Can someone give me some sound advice! Thanks a lot!

Hi,
I'm on the waiting list for CNCP. I don't know if I need to apply for the loan right now. What happen if I get accepted for the loan, but I can't get into school this year. Can someone give me some sound advice! Thanks a lot!

If you're accepted for the loan but didn't get in, you can just cancel the loan. CNCP has to certify your loan before it can be disbursed so if you couldn't get in, the loan will not be certified which mean sallie mae will drop your request. Also, as far as I know, you can cancel the loan online any time you want once the loan is approved.

I received an email from CNCP regarding Sallie Mae loan options. It said they have a new option called "fixed re-payment option" which is $25/month. This is only for loans initiated after June 28th.

Does anyone know if we can choose this option instead of the "interest only" option or is this just an additional option to start re-paying the loan on top of the interests?

I emailed Patty to ask about the fixed interest repayment option and it does seems that with this route, we only make the 25 dollar interest repayment per month as oppose to the tradition full interest repayment pathway. The following is an excerpt from the email notice that Sallie Mae sent out regarding the changes to the Smart Options Loan:

There are now two interest payment plans available: A fixed $25/month repayment option... and the option of making full interest payments. You may choose which option you prefer. The fixed repayment option will be available for new loans on or after June 28, 2010.

This is good news!:)

Last edited:
Hi I recently got admission in CNCP.....Just had a question about the financial aid ......like which option is good.......

I emailed Patty to ask about the fixed interest repayment option and it does seems that with this route, we only make the 25 dollar interest repayment per month as oppose to the tradition full interest repayment pathway. The following is an excerpt from the email notice that Sallie Mae sent out regarding the changes to the Smart Options Loan:

There are now two interest payment plans available: A fixed $25/month repayment option... and the option of making full interest payments. You may choose which option you prefer. The fixed repayment option will be available for new loans on or after June 28, 2010.

This is good news!:)

Thank you for posting this info!! This is great news!:)

Hi

I am looking for an apartment and if anybody want to share the apartment together please contact me on 317-410-0193. thank you

I just got accepted, is anyone still looking for a roommate?

I wanted to know if someone remembered if this school's program isa 2 yr academic and 2 yr experience or 3 yr academic and 1 yr experience.

thanks!!!

I wanted to know if someone remembered if this school's program isa 2 yr academic and 2 yr experience or 3 yr academic and 1 yr experience.

thanks!!!

It's 3 yrs classes 1 yr experience.

did you guys buy your textbooks yet? if yes, where did you buy them? :)

Is anyone from CSU Northridge is going to be on the admission committee?

What you want to know about CNCP:

These are real stories I heard from CNCP students. Some professors are suck, sometimes they don't even know the topic well enough to teach, yet they still coordinate the course. These professors would assigned bunch of the reading materials then expect you to read and teach yourself. But when you come to their office to ask question, often they didn't even know the details of the reading because they didn't even read the materials. Also, some professors even write test questions that do not even pertaining to the materials you study for their class, which is really suck. They don't teach you what they know or what you need to know and expect you to learn and teach your peers, but they will test you on random things or nonessential nitty-glitty details. And sometimes their test questions emphasize on one small section of the chapter as if they didn't even read the chapter and are unable to write questions that assess your overall knowledge, instead their questions were as if they just go straight to one of the section of the reading chapter to pull that specific section out to test you on.
Some of the people in the experimental department are very mean and cocky. They expect professionalism and respect the students, yet they don't act as role models. well that is enough for now....i be back to tell you more once i get more information....

What you want to know about CNCP:

These are real stories I heard from CNCP students. Some professors are suck, sometimes they don't even know the topic well enough to teach, yet they still coordinate the course. These professors would assigned bunch of the reading materials then expect you to read and teach yourself. But when you come to their office to ask question, often they didn't even know the details of the reading because they didn't even read the materials. Also, some professors even write test questions that do not even pertaining to the materials you study for their class, which is really suck. They don't teach you what they know or what you need to know and expect you to learn and teach your peers, but they will test you on random things or nonessential nitty-glitty details. And sometimes their test questions emphasize on one small section of the chapter as if they didn't even read the chapter and are unable to write questions that assess your overall knowledge, instead their questions were as if they just go straight to one of the section of the reading chapter to pull that specific section out to test you on.
Some of the people in the experimental department are very mean and cocky. They expect professionalism and respect the students, yet they don't act as role models. well that is enough for now....i be back to tell you more once i get more information....
yeah...im sure these are "real stories" that you "heard" from students. More than likely, you're a disgruntled student and not liking the problem based format approach of learning. Hang in there. It will get better.