Call for Nominations for AAVMC Student Panel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VMCASSTAFF

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The AAVMC is seeking nominations of future student leaders from all classes, including current veterinary school students (1st year preferred) to join a small but critical group of student representatives to serve on the AAVMC Student Panel. This student-run panel will work with VMCAS & AAVMC leaders to provide critical student perspectives on admissions related initiatives as well as take lead on various other projects. The members of the student panel will not only provide important feedback to AAVMC & VMCAS, but will also be involved in a program that will enhance leadership, project management, and other skills.

To nominate a student for the panel, please complete the nomination form found here: https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=25rLNRCDfgtCJMnsSWcxHQ. Students may nominate themselves, so please feel free to forward this email to students, student groups, etc..

The nomination period is currently open and will close on Friday, May 2nd at 3:00pm Eastern Time. Nominees will be contacted, by me, between May 9th and May 16th.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there any requirement? Such as need to be currently enrolled with a school or something?

We are seeking students (Undergrad & Veterinary Students). No other real requirements except interest and commitment. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Would the classification (Junior, Senior, etc.) be for what year we are currently, or for what we will be next year?

Can you please tell me what the commitment would be like if selected? Would we primarily contribute via online/email correspondence throughout the year or would there be periodic requirements where we would need to attend a meeting/seminar in-person? Also, would the commitment be on a continual basis or once weekly, monthly, semester, etc? I will be starting vet school in the fall and although I am interested, I also want to make sure I'm not overwhelmed with what is expected of me.

If we filled out a self-nomination and we were not contacted this past week, should we assume that we were not chosen? Or will we here back either way?