Calling all SIUE people!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pw079

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what anyone has to say about Southern Illinois University School of Dentistry. Is it a good school,comments,hard to get in or not, anything at all about it. and anyone who is going or is in it plz tell me about ur experience there plz

Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

pw079,
I am a second year at SIU and am very happy with the program. Professors are very good for the most part and they teach you pertinent things needed for dentistry and the boards. It is a small atmosphere (50 per class), but is still pretty competitive depending on the class. Some more than others. Many people still go on to specialize each year (probably 15-20%). Board scores are typically in the top 15 in the country, sometimes, finishing in the top 5. Very strong clinically though. Many fourth years say that after going to conferences with students from other schools, they can't believe how much more competent they are than some of the others. I would say the the school is very hard to get into as an out of state resident. In state, it is not too bad to get in. Before coming to school, I thought I would like it, but I am even more impressed than I expected I would be. I know I will be getting a terrific education. Hope this helps.

pw079 said:
I was wondering what anyone has to say about Southern Illinois University School of Dentistry. Is it a good school,comments,hard to get in or not, anything at all about it. and anyone who is going or is in it plz tell me about ur experience there plz

Thanks...