Calling any Maryland in-state applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sbsox30

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has any in-state applicants heard from the school yet? I got the email confirming that my application was complete back in July, but haven't heard a word since. I have seen posts by OOS residents for interviews, but just want to see if any competitive, in-state residents have heard from the school. MD is my top choice of school and am hoping that I am still in the running.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure all instate md applicants are worried at this point, myself included. Submitted mid july, got secondary completed at end of july and haven't heard anything since. 3.8sgpa, 3.8ogpa, 21 aa dat.

I'm OOS, but VA, so not that far away. Still no supplemental and I submitted on 8/1.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, so at least its not just me. I am in the same exact boat as you guys, application complete in late July. Unfortunately for us, I do know a Maryland resident with a pre-dec interview.

Alright it's good to know others haven't heard much either. I interviewed last year, but am applying with a much more competitive DAT score. Do schools make you interview again? Or just pull up my file from last year?

Alright it's good to know others haven't heard much either. I interviewed last year, but am applying with a much more competitive DAT score. Do schools make you interview again? Or just pull up my file from last year?

did you really ask that question?
whole new application, so whole new interview is required.

Im a MD resident and interviewed earlier this month. There was only one other person from MD that day. Everyone else was out of state. I heard there were 3 on the first interview date but dont know this for sure.

Depends. At UMD if they think your application has significant changes then they will re-interview you. If not, then they will send you an email saying that the interview is being waived which means they will use the interview from last cycle. I wish you the best of luck this cycle. Hopefully we'll be classmates.

Depends. At UMD if they think your application has significant changes then they will re-interview you. If not, then they will send you an email saying that the interview is being waived which means they will use the interview from last cycle. I wish you the best of luck this cycle. Hopefully we'll be classmates.
Thank you for the information. Hopefully we will both be entering D1 next year at UMD. If so you will know me by my username, until then........ Good Luck!

Im a MD resident and interviewed earlier this month. There was only one other person from MD that day. Everyone else was out of state. I heard there were 3 on the first interview date but dont know this for sure.
You are correct. I was one of the 3 Marylanders that interviewed that day.

When this is all said and done, can we all get together and get a bushel of crabs and some BOs to celebrate?

Reactions: 1 user