Calling out the Doctors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarjasy

I have action potential
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is where the non-physicians post some simple clinical questions for the physicians and see if they can answer them. Although a highly artificial situation (as they can look them up at their leisure) , I would be interested in the responses.

An example would be a simple scenario, and the request to back up the response with an appropriate clinical guideline.

I'll start:

A 14 yr old comes in with a sore throat and no cough.

On exam : T = 37 degrees C. No cervical LTathy and no tonsillar exudate. Ears and chest normal.

What is the diagnosis ?

What is your treatment ?

What guideline would you like to follow?

I look forward to the responses of physicians (please no NP's or PA's - physicians only...)

Edit: for assistance, one may reference the similar thread, "Calling out the Noctors" found at http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=867296.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Here is where the non-physicians post some simple clinical questions for the physicians and see if they can answer them. Although a highly artificial situation (as they can look them up at their leisure) , I would be interested in the responses.

An example would be a simple scenario, and the request to back up the response with an appropriate clinical guideline.

I'll start:

A 14 yr old comes in with a sore throat and no cough.

On exam : T = 37 degrees C. No cervical LTathy and no tonsillar exudate. Ears and chest normal.

What is the diagnosis ?

What is your treatment ?

What guideline would you like to follow?

I look forward to the responses of physicians (please no NP's or PA's - physicians only...)

Edit: for assistance, one may reference the similar thread, "Calling out the Noctors" found at http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=867296.

MDs: Please do not respond to this, as this is an exact copy of my scenario that I have posted for the NPs / DNPs. This will defeat the purpose of my question,
as you can imagine.

I will be posting a response in 6 days time.

If the midlevels are interested in devising questions of their own, they can do so. I find it difficult to believe they are having this much difficulty coming up with their own clinical questions. This is laziness.

mds: Please do not respond to this, as this is an exact copy of my scenario that i have posted for the nps / dnps. This will defeat the purpose of my question, as you can imagine.

rofl!

So when are you going to apply to med. school or pa school sarjasy? I know you got a family and such but so do many colleagues in my class now and you could do a lot more good as a DO/MD/PA then a NP.

Status
Not open for further replies.