Calling to Get off WaitList

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reems112

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! I have been waitlisted at one of my top schools that I really want to go to. Would calling them be a good way to approach it? They extended the deadline to April 16th. I emailed the admissions officer last night and they still havent responded back to me, however I just wanted to make sure I don't come off overbearing. But I have other schools waiting on my response as well which I need to let them know by Thursday latest. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Everyone! I have been waitlisted at one of my top schools that I really want to go to. Would calling them be a good way to approach it? They extended the deadline to April 16th. I emailed the admissions officer last night and they still havent responded back to me, however I just wanted to make sure I don't come off overbearing. But I have other schools waiting on my response as well which I need to let them know by Thursday latest. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
I mean it doesn’t hurt to try. The worst they could say is no/they can’t give you any information. I emailed my top choice program asking about my waitlist status and never heard back from who I emailed but received an acceptance email a week later!

Reactions: 1 user
I mean it doesn’t hurt to try. The worst they could say is no/they can’t give you any information. I emailed my top choice program asking about my waitlist status and never heard back from who I emailed but received an acceptance email a week later!
thank you!