Campbell University 2017, 2012-13 Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any tips on travel? I am booking my flight for the March 21 interview. What is the best and most convenient way to get there? Hotel near airport and rental car or shuttle to a hotel closer to the campus? Thanks and good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Any tips on travel? I am booking my flight for the March 21 interview. What is the best and most convenient way to get there? Hotel near airport and rental car or shuttle to a hotel closer to the campus? Thanks and good luck everyone!

You definitely have to rent a hotel and drive from Raleigh after you land from RDU . There is no other way because Campbell is located in the boonies, lacking major hotels and airports. Campbell is about 40 minutes from Raleigh, through country roads, at around 60 mph all the way. I stayed at the Super 8 (very quiet and close to a lot of food places) in south Raleigh which was awesome due to convenience to get out of Raleigh and onto 401.

Take south 401 from Raleigh and turn left and go south on 55 passing Angier (only decent town until Buies Creek). After passing Angier, take a right when you get to Oak Grove Church Road which leads you to Campbell. If you miss that road, you can take 27 in Coats, which is a little south.

Campbell campus actually looks really nice partly because Campbell also has undergrad programs and there is almost no traffic around Main St.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Thank you for the advice. I will take the location of the 401 freeway into consideration before I book the hotel. My flight leaves a couple hours the interview so I am going straight from Campbell to the airport. Grr, wish rental cars weren't so expensive for people under 25y/o.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just recently accepted (March 8th interview). I just received a conditional acceptance background check email from certiphi, anyone else have to do this?

I was just recently accepted (March 8th interview). I just received a conditional acceptance background check email from certiphi, anyone else have to do this?
Hi PiratePrePharm,

All incoming Pharm students must complete a background check. Nothing out of the ordinary there! Also, congrats on acceptance! :thumbup:

Interviewed 03/21
Accepted 03/22!!!!!

I cannot wait to meet all of you that will be at Campbell this year. It seems to be a great school with solid foundations.

Interviewed 03/21
Accepted 03/22!!!!!

I cannot wait to meet all of you that will be at Campbell this year. It seems to be a great school with solid foundations.

Hey there, congrats !!! Do you mind telling me how the interview was? Was it an open file one? Did you have to write any essays? How hard the interview questions were? I have my interview next week so I really appreciate if you can spill me some secrets.

Best !!!! :)

Hey there, congrats !!! Do you mind telling me how the interview was? Was it an open file one? Did you have to write any essays? How hard the interview questions were? I have my interview next week so I really appreciate if you can spill me some secrets.

Best !!!! :)

So the interview was open file, providing the 2 on 1 interviewers an opportunity to ask about any concerning semesters. There was not a writing portion however, Campbell conducts "multiple mini interviews". You and a small number of other applicants are given questions (usually sitiational) that you have a minute to review before answering in front of a faculty member, a student and the other interviewees. There is open discussion time after you've answered. Also, there were only a total of 6 applicants interviewing on my day - 2 being undergrad Campbell students.

Besides being on the spot for a hot minute in the MMI, nothing about the day at Campbell was stressful. The adcom and support staff does an amazing job of making you feel comfortable. They even sit down and have lunch with you!

Once you meet everyone and explore the area, you will know if the location and school feels right for you. Best of luck :)

Hi all. I'm currently a P1 at Campbell and I love it! If you have any questions, post here and I'll be happy to answer them. I'll answer questions through PM also, but if you think it would help other applicants, post here!

For the picture: It doesn't have to be a head shot, it could be a full body shot. I would try to look as professional as possible, but you don't have to dress formally in it. Make sure you're smiling and try to make a good first impression! Good luck!

How did you go about preparing yourself for the interview? What type of questions did you practice and how did you go about practicing for the opinion-based part? Im not asking so that I can 'get ahead'. Im really nervous about the interview bc sometimes im not very well spoken and I dont want them to question my passion for the profession bc im not able to articulate it properly.