Can a DO graduate get a job at an urgent care clinic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This whole thread is just pure quality.....

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with that; maybe the moderators can 'control' this a bit better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderMyDesk
"You know what I mean. Do DO's usually actually become doctors?"

This one is still my favorite... Lol lol

Same :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
But seriously guys only thing dos aren't allows to do is give prostate exam. So really it's no big deal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile

Hello,

Is it true that if I decide to go to an osteopathic school, when I graduate I will have a harder time finding a job at an urgent care clinic? Do these clinics prefer an MD degree?

Any thoughts on this field?
1284719828_dramatic-sheep.gif

I love how this thread just keeps popping up on the first page.....and there it goes again... :)

Another thread that refuses to be buried.

unxplained-photo-1225765621-90898.jpg

I see what you did there :smuggrin:

"I know you are but what am I?"

Hello,

Is it true that if I decide to go to an osteopathic school, when I graduate I will have a harder time finding a job at an urgent care clinic? Do these clinics prefer an MD degree?

Any thoughts on this field?

Both MD and DOs are not favored in urgent care.

PAs are taking over the world! Trust me, they are. DO's are generally less desired than MD's-I'm sorry to say. MD's are seen as more intelligent because they got into MD school. DO's are seen as people who aren't intelligent enough to get into MD school. This is the truth and there is no denying. :(

But physicians in general will always be needed so :)

Both MD and DOs are not favored in urgent care.

PAs are taking over the world! Trust me, they are. DO's are generally less desired than MD's-I'm sorry to say. MD's are seen as more intelligent because they got into MD school. DO's are seen as people who aren't intelligent enough to get into MD school. This is the truth and there is no denying. :(

But physicians in general will always be needed so :)

countdown to detonation:

T minus

Such over-correction is not unusual when one party sees themselves or is seen by others as inferior. We see the same thing with race issues today and in recent history. I just feel that an over-correction in response to someone elses ignorance is just as ignorant. It is the social equivalent of treating an infection misdiagnosed by a colleague with 10x the normal dosage of antibiotics.
How do you have the time to argue over such a small triviality as to border on the ridiculous in a thread regarding urgent care?

Would that set the pre-allo forum alight if someone went over there and asked:

"Can an MD get a job at an urgent care clinic"