***Can adcoms tell if you write your own LOR?***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lickerwhicker

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1) its "legal" to write your own LOR as the professor will read it and sign it
2) read over the AAMC letter writers guide
https://www.aamc.org/download/349990/data/lettersguidelinesbrochure.pdf

Ok thank you! but are there any obvious signs that a student has written his/her own letter, even if it was signed off by a professor? maybe I'm just paranoid, but if a professor says that he will polish the letter after you write a draft, he or she will most likely change the wording to match his or her own, right?

Ok thank you! but are there any obvious signs that a student has written his/her own letter, even if it was signed off by a professor? maybe I'm just paranoid, but if a professor says that he will polish the letter after you write a draft, he or she will most likely change the wording to match his or her own, right?
If you are that concerned, have someone else edit it before handing it off to your "writer."

Members don't see this ad :)
not related but if that is your real face then you should probably change your profile pic for anonymity.

not related but if that is your real face then you should probably change your profile pic for anonymity.
thats not my real face LOL it's just a random pic I found on google hehe

Reactions: 1 user