Can anyone comment on whether there is a proton carve out with the Final Rule RO APM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chartreuse Wombat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for someone that can comment.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes APM is the capitated payment model that CMS has proposed to roll out on 1/1/20 that will impact 40% of RO practices.
HOPPS changes in 2020 for RO have been discussed in other threads but include loosening of supervision requirements and acceleration of site-neturality (see here: 6 takeaways for cancer programs from the 2020 HOPPS Proposed Rule)
MPFS is the 2020 Medicare fee for service rates which are essentially unchanged from 2019.

Reactions: 1 user
I’d think so. 2020 ain’t exactly far away.

may least you’ll have a couple weeks to completely rearrange you billing system.

I’d think so. 2020 ain’t exactly far away.

may least you’ll have a couple weeks to completely rearrange you billing system.

I REALLY wish I had the foresight to create a start-up company that would offer practices analytics and operational/workflow support to help practices convert from FFS to APM. You could make a killing.

Who says government regulations don't create jobs?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes APM is the capitated payment model that CMS has proposed to roll out on 1/1/20 that will impact 40% of RO practices.
HOPPS changes in 2020 for RO have been discussed in other threads but include loosening of supervision requirements and acceleration of site-neturality (see here: 6 takeaways for cancer programs from the 2020 HOPPS Proposed Rule)
MPFS is the 2020 Medicare fee for service rates which are essentially unchanged from 2019.
Thanks.