Can Anyone Help With Housing Near Georgetown???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waiting2exhale

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELLO.
Just wondering if anyone on here is or was at Georgetown and has any advice on housing. I need to find a place and I don't know what would be a reasonable distance to narrow my search online. I have to go down there and look but I just want feedback because I will have a car but i wouldn't want to drive to class. So, i need to find a place with parking that is close enough to walk or take quick PT to campus. specific names of an area or apts to look for that would be financially reasonable: <$1,000 would be appreciated. thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

waiting2exhale said:
HELLO.
Just wondering if anyone on here is or was at Georgetown and has any advice on housing. I need to find a place and I don't know what would be a reasonable distance to narrow my search online. I have to go down there and look but I just want feedback because I will have a car but i wouldn't want to drive to class. So, i need to find a place with parking that is close enough to walk or take quick PT to campus. specific names of an area or apts to look for that would be financially reasonable: <$1,000 would be appreciated. thanks..

W2E:

I'm a current SMP student, and I'd be happy to answer specific questions about areas to live. However, for the general information you are looking for, there is a really good survival guide that was published by previous Physios. Among other things, it has a whole section on housing near Georgetown.

Here's a link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/physios/files/

Then click on the 2003_survival PDF.

Good luck and happy hunting. After you read it, let me know if I can answer any further questions you have.

Good luck. My advice...find a roommate. Seriously, it is awful here.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried going to this link, but when i click it says i'm not part of the group and does not direct me anywhere else. I tried a general search for the 2003.. file but found nothing... :(

imrep1972 said:
W2E:

I'm a current SMP student, and I'd be happy to answer specific questions about areas to live. However, for the general information you are looking for, there is a really good survival guide that was published by previous Physios. Among other things, it has a whole section on housing near Georgetown.

Here's a link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/physios/files/

Then click on the 2003_survival PDF.

Good luck and happy hunting. After you read it, let me know if I can answer any further questions you have.

Heres the direct link:http://web.archive.org/web/20050308...rs/lnr/physios/survivalguide/introduction.htm

But just so you know if you are looking for sub $1000 without a roomate youll have to start looking at the dives in Alexandria, which means not only worrying about the long commute but also worrying about the crime that goes on in your appartment complex. Either up your price at least $100 or find a roomate.

Touchdown said:
Heres the direct link:http://web.archive.org/web/20050308...rs/lnr/physios/survivalguide/introduction.htm

But just so you know if you are looking for sub $1000 without a roomate youll have to start looking at the dives in Alexandria, which means not only worrying about the long commute but also worrying about the crime that goes on in your appartment complex. Either up your price at least $100 or find a roomate.

I pay $900 a month for my fabulous basement apartment that is only 8 minutes away from the school. It's not exactly deluxe, but I've survived thus far. I do miss having an actual oven though.

I lived in DC for undergrad and will be going to G-town for the PBPM program. As the last poster mentioned, it is possible to find some basement apartments that go for under $1000.00 that are relatively close to campus, but you really need to search hard. Two guys I used to live with just moved into a new 2 bedroom basement apartment in G-town, and they are paying $1000.00 each (inlcudes all utilities + internet) just to give you an idea.

I would suggest going onto craigslist.com to search for apartments. I think craigslist is the best resource for finding housing and roommates. I recently moved into a huge 2 bedroom 5 minutes North of Georgetown and we split $1700.00 rent equally. If you can find a roommate, that would be ideal. PM me if you have any specific questions on areas in DC, northern VA, or MD.

Goodluck searching. Finding DC housing is a pain in the a$$.