can anyone recommend a book for the reading comprehension section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gregprecious

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
please can anyone recommend a book for the reading comprehension section of the PCAT? I did not do well in the comprehension section.

Members don't see this ad.

please can anyone recommend a book for the reading comprehension section of the PCAT? I did not do well in the comprehension section.

I struggled with this section a LOT too... but finally I got the score i needed this time... All I can say is that keep practicing under tightly timed conditions. For this you need practice tests (I used Dr. Collin's, Kaplan, and some random MCAT readings I found on Web). Do each practice test and try to finish each of them well under 50 mins while retaining most of the information you read about.

And after all that, do all three pearson tests!!!

Good luck

Couldn't have said it better myself ;)

I struggled with this section a LOT too... but finally I got the score i needed this time... All I can say is that keep practicing under tightly timed conditions. For this you need practice tests (I used Dr. Collin's, Kaplan, and some random MCAT readings I found on Web). Do each practice test and try to finish each of them well under 50 mins while retaining most of the information you read about.

And after all that, do all three pearson tests!!!

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you guys recommend any books for RC? Please do not recommend ExamKracker 101 passages. That book does not reflect the kind passages we will see on the actual PCAT.