Can anyone recommend a good hematology/oncology text?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ypo.

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school chose a book that was recalled at the start of this domain, so half of the students don't have a text.

Can anyone recommend a good hematology/oncology text that you used your second year? It would be helpful if you told me why it worked for you or what you liked about it.

Members don't see this ad.

I didnt use a heme/onc text, but I remember Goljan Rapid Review doing a pretty good job on heme/onc. I know this didnt answer your question but goodluck anyways

Members don't see this ad :)
http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Hae...ef=sr_1_1/103-4342807-1767022?ie=UTF8&s=books

I used this and it is well regarded, it's the smaller version of the massive Hoffbrand Haematology book. I did well in heme/onc and it was my favorite OS. Excellent pictures, very readable and quick reference.

That is the very book our school recommended (and which was recalled). I guess I should have mentioned that to begin with.

Thanks for the suggestions. I ordered Harrisons 'Principles of Internal Medicine' cause it's so big I figured everything must be in it (including how the world was created, etc). Now I just have to find the heme/onc section...