Can being sued for defamation stop me from going to dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

randomstranger233

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it'll happen, but I was threatened to be sued for defamation for trolling on a website. Would dental schools find out about this?

Members don't see this ad.

Karmas a bitch, isn't it?

Reactions: 5 users
You can only be sued for libel (written defamatory statements) if he can prove that you in fact said what you said, link the username to you somehow, and that what you said caused him to incur damage in some fashion.

Can you go back a delete what you posted? Haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The fact that you got yourself into this situation is a question on your character... :/

Dental schools can find out if you've been written up in college and things, so maybe they could find out about a lawsuit. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
Wait you cant get into dental school if your being sued? I am being sued for a car accident I am pretty sure that does not affect dental school seeing as its not a crime or drug abuse. But for you, you did something stupid so IDK. Do they ask you if you have ever been sued?

its a civil case, not criminal. I don't think it should stop you from getting into dental school but we really can't say without context. Your character though.....

Im curious as to how this even happened.