Can I send my MCAT score to a post-bacc school or do I have to wait for it to be scored?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xDriftAway

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my MCAT on April 1st so I won't know how I did for another month. A post-bacc school I'm applying to is waiting for me to send in the score. Do I have to wait for it to come in or can it technically be sent already without me knowing how I did? I'm not sure how this process works. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt you can send a score anywhere before the time when it is released to you by the AAMC. It would be kind of silly for them to arbitrarily make you wait longer to see your score if it has already been determined.

I took my MCAT on April 1st so I won't know how I did for another month. A post-bacc school I'm applying to is waiting for me to send in the score. Do I have to wait for it to come in or can it technically be sent already without me knowing how I did? I'm not sure how this process works. Thanks
Your official MCAT score is released to you and sent to any medical schools/programs you have designated on your applications(MD, DO). If the post-bacc is not connected to the centralized applications or AAMC services then yes, you could have your scores first and then manually release them or send them out after you have seen them. it all depends on how the post-bacc program application works. Find out from them directly.

Hope this helps, good luck!