Can I still apply? Was going to take a gap year but now I am not so sure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QBoyd

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title says it. 3.55 cgpa, 3.4 science, 502 MCAT. Was gonna work in a hospital or something next year, but now I wanna just continue straight into school! I have shadowing, could have a LOR soon, have clinical experience, etc...What schools are not filled yet/could potentially give me scholarships? Looking at DMU, Scholl, KSU, Temple and maybe Barry. Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

The bigger schools (i.e. Temple, KSU, and Scholl) most likely have seats remaining. You have excellent stats that have yield a high possibility of garnering IIs, so go ahead and apply if you want! Not sure about scholarships, but there is still a chance.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Title says it. 3.55 cgpa, 3.4 science, 502 MCAT. Was gonna work in a hospital or something next year, but now I wanna just continue straight into school! I have shadowing, could have a LOR soon, have clinical experience, etc...What schools are not filled yet/could potentially give me scholarships? Looking at DMU, Scholl, KSU, Temple and maybe Barry. Thanks so much!
Dmu might be full but apply anyways. You can get into multiple schools for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
You should be able to apply and get acceptances. I believe Scholl should definitely have spots, and possibly some scholarship cash to hand out as well. I think DMU has the fewest number of slots out of the options you said (Overall I think they're 2nd least number of spots). I don't know how many they have left, I was waitlisted but as long as they accept applications they may still have spots