Can I Still Apply With This LOR? (doesn't quite fit what they ask for)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

partypantss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, the LOR's I have are:
one from an organic chemistry prof.
one from my Anatomy Lab prof.
and the third from my Fraternities faculty adviser who is former head of the animal science department, taught a bunch of classes. I had meetings with him 1-2 times every week.

For NYMC, the third letter they ask for is from a "non-science course." Then in the secondary, it asks for course name, credits earned etc. Do you think I can still apply even though my third letter writer never technically taught me a class? To me, I thought it would make sense since I worked with him closely for over 2 years and he would talk about my attributes outside of the classroom/ leadership skills.

If you think I should still try applying, what should I put in those spaces asking for course name, credits earned etc? Anyone who's heard how strict NYMC is about their letter requirements would be helpful.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Instead of asking the advice of anonymous strangers, it'd be much more efficient to shoot NYMC a quick email about your situation to get an official response.

Reactions: 1 user
Shoot nymc an email, or talk to them over the phone.

I did the latter, and got it resolved reaaaal quick.

Animal science faculty is still.... science faculty though.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I sent them an email and they simply replied with "these are our requirements" and then gave their listed LOR requirements... so I guess I just have to cross them off my list.

That sucks..

Thanks for the replies!