Can someone please help me out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Columnar

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of taking step 3, and I'm having difficulty understanding how to do the CCS cases. I bought the Uworld simulation cases, but I have 2 main problems.

1-I don't quite understand how to move the clock forward
2-It seems that the cases are tremendously specific-is that how it is in the real exam? Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the process of taking step 3, and I'm having difficulty understanding how to do the CCS cases. I bought the Uworld simulation cases, but I have 2 main problems.

1-I don't quite understand how to move the clock forward
2-It seems that the cases are tremendously specific-is that how it is in the real exam? Please help.

I don't really remember the functions for advancing the clock, but recall that if you play around with it it's not that complicated. The Step 3 website may have a free tutorial you can download too. I thought the World program was pretty similar to the real CCS cases. Sometimes too similar to be kosher.

I don't really remember the functions for advancing the clock, but recall that if you play around with it it's not that complicated. The Step 3 website may have a free tutorial you can download too. I thought the World program was pretty similar to the real CCS cases. Sometimes too similar to be kosher.

I still can't figure it out. I don't understand how to go through the cases. :( I mean I read the case, then start orders. I don't see how I find out the results and when I move the clock forward, and then what do I do next? I'm so confused and getting anxious here!

Members don't see this ad :)
i have the same problem and I am pretty upset that the UW software does not provide scores. cases kind of fall apart, i dont know how to keep it integrated and there is no feedback..quite frustrating..

i have the same problem and I am pretty upset that the UW software does not provide scores. cases kind of fall apart, i dont know how to keep it integrated and there is no feedback..quite frustrating..

Sadly, I asked my husband to look at this who is not in medicine at all, and he figured out how to move the clock forward! You move it to where it indicates the report will be ready. So say you order a urinalysis, and the report says it will be ready at 13:10, then you put the clock at that time to see the results.

Also, in the little window that pops up for advancing the clock, there is an option to jump straight to the next available results.

When the patient is admitted and you use this option, the clock will jump to the next available labs or vitals (q8h, q4h, w/e), but be careful not to click the option when nothing is pending such as when the patient is at home. It will advance the time to whenever there is an update on the patient's condition, such as "patient says he is feeling worse" and by then 2 weeks could have passed.