Can you buy the Official G.D.S. 2006-2007 from Amazon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddfafari

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about saving some money on shipping by buying the Official Guide to Dental Schools 2006-2007 edition from Amazon instead of ADEA. Would you guys recomend it?

Members don't see this ad.

ddfafari said:
I am thinking about saving some money on shipping by buying the Official Guide to Dental Schools 2006-2007 edition from Amazon instead of ADEA. Would you guys recomend it?

I had it preordered for months and just a week ago they emailed me and told me there was a delay and it would not be available as planned (like in another month or two). So....I'm screwed.

If your school has a health professions office, go check if they have it. I was about to order the book, but checked with the office first. They had a copy there and I just checked it out for the morning. I don't know if it is worth $40, but it is for sure a good resource. It has every possible stat you would want, from average GPAs to how many kids from each state go to each school. It also has a school-by-school curriculum breakdown of each year in school. I just took some notes and narrowed down my list of schools to apply to. For instance, I was going to apply to UConn, but I learned from the book that they participate in the New England Regional Student Program. Not being from New England, I have a very slim chance of getting in. Also, check predents.com to get GPA/DAT/tuition info. Hope this helps!