Can you help me choose a character?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yjj8817

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So for one of my school projects I have to act as some character and debate against other characters to persuade my audience that I deserve to stay alive while other characters do not. I have to be pretty convincing and be able to prove that I am worth voting for.

The characters can be either fictional or a real person Examples are Obama, Cartman, Jesus, Satan, Winnie the Pooh, Hillary Clinton, etc. etc.

I was thinking about doing House MD but I realized that I can never act or talk like House cause I really don't have his personality and it would not be very convincing even if I can make arguments that House was the greatest doctor ever etc.

So I was thinking about Florence Nightingale since she's not in the popular media as much as House is so my classmates would not have that much of clear expectations. She also did lots of charity work and is known for being the founder of modern nursing so I thought I can convince my audience easily that I should stay alive

I want to come up with another character just in case Nightingale is taken already. Can you guys help me come up with one? I thought someone in the medical field would be good because why would anyone try to eliminate someone who did honorable work in medicine?

I know this is not related to med school or anything like that but I kinda needed help...Thank you:)

Members don't see this ad.

What does this have to done with medicine?

pick someone you're comfortable with.

So for one of my school projects I have to act as some character and debate against other characters to persuade my audience that I deserve to stay alive while other characters do not. I have to be pretty convincing and be able to prove that I am worth voting for.

The characters can be either fictional or a real person Examples are Obama, Cartman, Jesus, Satan, Winnie the Pooh, Hillary Clinton, etc. etc.

I was thinking about doing House MD but I realized that I can never act or talk like House cause I really don't have his personality and it would not be very convincing even if I can make arguments that House was the greatest doctor ever etc.

So I was thinking about Florence Nightingale since she's not in the popular media as much as House is so my classmates would not have that much of clear expectations. She also did lots of charity work and is known for being the founder of modern nursing so I thought I can convince my audience easily that I should stay alive

I want to come up with another character just in case Nightingale is taken already. Can you guys help me come up with one? I thought someone in the medical field would be good because why would anyone try to eliminate someone who did honorable work in medicine?

I know this is not related to med school or anything like that but I kinda needed help...Thank you:)

Hitler.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would go with lee sin. Or maybe mordekaiser!

saruman010913a.jpg

This sounds like an intellectual Hunger Games/The Voice/American Idol.

Don't go off the wall, because if your classmates have to analyze too much they'll pick someone else.

To answer seriously, maybe Edward Jenner, discoverer of vaccination? You could argue that you deserve to stay alive because your work will end up saving millions and millions of lives, which is far more than any other medical discovery.

Members don't see this ad :)

Lulz the classic "I have a school project" cover. C'mon man, have some courage. If you want to role play, just say so. I prefer playing the jaded attending who has to show a young third-year "the ropes."

Tyler durden would say we all should die so just go with that. Or you could be walter white

Will Smith! He acted beautifully when he played Sauron in the Lord of the Rings!

are you actually graded on winning and do you need actual solid srsness to win? bc if not just find a character with entertaining mannerisms and go to town, won't matter what you say :)

i vote for foghorn leghorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.