Can you help me with my list of schools to apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H4LfAd1ME

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
dude, you're fine. With that DAT score, you have a shot at all of those schools. I don't even think you need to apply to all those schools. If you have the money, I guess it's ok. I had a lower DAT score, and only applied to 7 schools. It turned out ok for me. Unless you really wanna go to USC or NYU, I'd take those out.

Strong stats. Loma Linda requires a LOR from a 'spiritual leader' FYI

Members don't see this ad :)
dude, you're fine. With that DAT score, you have a shot at all of those schools. I don't even think you need to apply to all those schools. If you have the money, I guess it's ok. I had a lower DAT score, and only applied to 7 schools. It turned out ok for me. Unless you really wanna go to USC or NYU, I'd take those out.

I agree with this.....also probably take out Roseman, BU and Midwestern AZ and consider adding Michigan and Louisville (unless you have personal reasons for choosing/not choosing those schools). Your stats should get you a lot of interviews, so I wouldn't worry too much. Harvard and Columbia aren't necessarily reaches either with those DAT scores. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I'd add Michigan. Out of their OOS students, they have a high percentage of Cali residents.

I'd add Michigan. Out of their OOS students, they have a high percentage of Cali residents.

True! Michigan is absolutely awesome also. One of the hardest decisions of my life was turning them down.

Yea...I loved Michigan. You should definitely add them

I agree with this.....also probably take out Roseman, BU and Midwestern AZ and consider adding Michigan and Louisville (unless you have personal reasons for choosing/not choosing those schools). Your stats should get you a lot of interviews, so I wouldn't worry too much. Harvard and Columbia aren't necessarily reaches either with those DAT scores. Good luck!

Yea...I loved Michigan. You should definitely add them

Thanks for the input! I was planning on trying for Michigan, but they require you to have taken Microbiology and Sociology so I had to cross it out. :(

I took micro, but I never took sociology and still got accepted. I had taken psych though...so idk if they substituted that for it

HaverfoodsDDS, why would you say to take out BU and Midwestern AZ?

gn4, why would you take NYU out?

gn4, why would you take NYU out?
I'm guessing it's because of their cost. USC and NYU are very expensive. In fact, add Tufts and Western to the "costly" list too.

HaverfoodsDDS, why would you say to take out BU and Midwestern AZ?

Personal experience.... I applied to both and was rejected VERY early (i.e. August) without an interview. More importantly though, I just think you will have better (and cheaper) options than these schools given your scores. Stick with the CA schools, the ivies, a few of the public schools that take people from CA (Michigan, Louisville, Maryland, Pitt, UNLV), and some of the more well-respected privates (Case, Temple, Tufts, NYU), and you should definitely have a number of choices come December.

Someone will inevitably post something along the lines of "go to the cheapest school that you can". Like mentioned above, there is nothing wrong with those schools. If given the chance, check them out and make an informed decision. Regardless, you should be fine with your numbers.