Can you leverage additional scholarships with vet school (like you can with other grad programs)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cqs

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you leverage additional scholarships with vet school (like you can with other grad programs)?

Context: I have WICHE-sponsored offers from 4 schools. One school has included an additional $16k scholarship if I accept. Especially from those who have already gone through this process, is it worth it to let the other schools know and ask if they have similar scholarships available for me?

Members don't see this ad.

Context: I have WICHE-sponsored offers from 4 schools. One school has included an additional $16k scholarship if I accept. Especially from those who have already gone through this process, is it worth it to let the other schools know and ask if they have similar scholarships available for me?
Can’t hurt!

Reactions: 1 user
Can’t hurt to ask but it’s also not common for first years to get significant scholarships. There are a few I’ve heard of that offer some like that but most to my knowledge do not. So ask but don’t be surprised if the answer is no.

And go to the cheapest school.
L

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

absolutely cannot hurt to ask. i received several scholarship offers and i reached out to most of my top schools to let them know that i was very concerned with the cost of vet school and was basically looking to go with the cheapest option. it definitely had some success and the worst i was told was that they didn’t have anything else to give me. go for it!

absolutely cannot hurt to ask. i received several scholarship offers and i reached out to most of my top schools to let them know that i was very concerned with the cost of vet school and was basically looking to go with the cheapest option. it definitely had some success and the worst i was told was that they didn’t have anything else to give me. go for it!
Sending you a PM!