All Branch Topic (ABT) Can you switch recruiters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Incis0r

I LOVE Dental School
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You're a getting a taste of real military medicine when 80% of the positions are manned by unorganized, incompetent people.

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You should switch recruiters. Call the recruiting office and ask to speak with his OIC. But, ah, I gotta agree. If this frustrates you, you might want to reconsider. This is kind of the DoD standard for everything.

Last edited:
Thank you, everyone, for your responses.

Haha you think my new one will lose it also? xD
Do you have some personal experience with MilMed?
Yes, some. If there is paperwork it will be lost, be it digital or otherwise. But don't worry, the lost paperwork will always be either something extremely personal with your DOB, SSN, and home address on it, or it will be your vacation paperwork so that your boss calls you up a few hours before your plane leaves, yelling at you that your leave is not approved and if you leave town you will be AWOL. This is how the military does business. Read through this forum and you will learn many reasons to avoid milmed.

Last edited:
This is concerning. Isn't the military supposed to be extremely secure about this kind of information?

Would you say these reasons are specific to MilMed, or do they also apply to other branches of military healthcare such as the Dental Corps?
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::bang:+pissed+:whoa:
Can't comment on Dental.

Last edited:
I really appreciate all of you pitching in to share your experiences. Thank you.
One last thing: If you put any worth into that Steve Jobs quote you will stay far away from the military. You will live someone else's dogma. Your inner voice will be drowned out by military regulations. And your heart will not lead you, it will be some desk jockey at HRC who decides that a 1 year unaccompanied tour in Korea is just what you need for "broadening". Best of luck.

Last edited:
It's really too bad that at some point you're forced into this or other billets which are equally detestable. You have some schmuck saying, "I'm not going to be away from my family, so I'll be a recruiter. It seems like a chill job."

This is concerning. Isn't the military supposed to be extremely secure about this kind of information?

Supposed to be? Yes they are. Are they extremely secure? Nope, not at all. At my base a civilian in the readiness department routinely sends out our personal information to the wrong email address. I have received 3 of my coworkers Social Security numbers so far. His explanation is always, "This is just an example how to fill out your packet."

"Gentlemen,

At 20:00 hours last night, the hospital commander received a phone call from a generous private business, offering to consolidate his debt. I have great news: they were willing to do this for the entire hospital! We only had to supply them with most of your social security numbers, addresses, and the account and routing number for the OIC's checking account (for when the cash starts rolling in). Things should be smooth sailing from here on out! There were a few of you for whom we didn't have enough personal information. Please fill out the attached document by COB and return to "[email protected]." Failure to do so will result in loss of leave privileges."

Reactions: 1 users