DO Canadian Applicant - cGPA:3.70 | sGPA:3.80 | 10,8,10,O

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadaApp4USA

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings, thanks for taking time to look through my application. Please remember I am a Canadian Student with a B.Sc.

Academics:
cGPA - 3.70 (AMCAS)
sGPA - 3.80 (AMCAS)
MCAT - 10,8,10,O (28O)

I am re-writing the MCAT this year Mid 2014. Could you, as well, tell me a competitive MCAT for someone as OOP? I am thinking minimal is 28+.

Extracurr:
- Vol. with autistic kid (1 year)
- Vol. tutor @ free tutoring center (3 years)*
- ER Vol (4 years)*
- Taking the disabled on hikes (4 years)*
- Vol Rehab assist. (2 years)
- Research assistant in Orthopaedics (3 years)*
- Boys and Girls Club - afterschool daycamp (2 years)
- Vol. Pharmacy technition x 2 (25 hours @ each)
- Multiple small events volunteer
*I am still there

Awards:
- 2 organic chemistry scholarships

Please rate me against high teir schools who would take in Canadian Students.

Thanks again for your time and advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can tag your application as both MD and DO. You'll probably want 2 points or so above the schools average to which you are applying as you're international.

Greetings, thanks for taking time to look through my application. Please remember I am a Canadian Student with a B.Sc.

Academics:
cGPA - 3.70 (AMCAS)
sGPA - 3.80 (AMCAS)
MCAT - 10,8,10,O (28O)

I am re-writing the MCAT this year Mid 2014. Could you, as well, tell me a competitive MCAT for someone as OOP? I am thinking minimal is 28+.

Extracurr:
- Vol. with autistic kid (1 year)
- Vol. tutor @ free tutoring center (3 years)*
- ER Vol (4 years)*
- Taking the disabled on hikes (4 years)*
- Vol Rehab assist. (2 years)
- Research assistant in Orthopaedics (3 years)*
- Boys and Girls Club - afterschool daycamp (2 years)
- Vol. Pharmacy technition x 2 (25 hours @ each)
- Multiple small events volunteer
*I am still there

Awards:
- 2 organic chemistry scholarships

Please rate me against high teir schools who would take in Canadian Students.

Thanks again for your time and advice.
Chances as you are would be excellent for DO med schools taking internationals, provided you get in some physician shadowing and get an LOR. Schools vary in this requirement. Some don't require a letter, some take any physician letter, and some require a DO LOR.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chances as you are would be excellent for DO med schools taking internationals, provided you get in some physician shadowing and get an LOR. Schools vary in this requirement. Some don't require a letter, some take any physician letter, and some require a DO LOR.

Thank you for the feedback. I will not be able to do any shadowing as DO physicians are rare in Canada. Plus, there are lots of red tape when I go ask about physician shadowing. They won't even let me shadow the janitor... =(

I will contact the admissions office with regards to some requirements that I simply cannot complete due to hospital politics.

Thank you Boolean as well. My understanding is that their average is ~28-29. In the end, I will consider myself a worthy canditdate if I acheive 30+.

Status
Not open for further replies.