Canadian applicants applying to USA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cs12

Reaction score
Are there any Canadian students that are currently going to an institution in the USA or planning to that are willing to message me?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Canadian here too!! Applying for Fall 2021

Reactions: 1 users
Isn't it too late to apply to the states as they have admissions on a rolling basis?

Applying from here in Toronto for Fall 2021! I've applied to UCB, SCCO, SUNY, and ICO!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I was waiting to hear back from Waterloo but I did not, so now I will be going to MCPHS!

From Alberta! Applied to ICO, PCO/ Salus, and NECO! Not yet decided.

Reactions: 1 users
Applying to Berkley, PCO, SUNY, ICO & Neco. Waterloo is my top choice however & I was invited for an interview so lets see how it goes.

From Ontario, planning on going to ICO!

From Ontario! Was extended a meet and greet to Waterloo, but then did bad on one section of the OAT. Accepted to Salus (accelerated) and Indiana. I also have an upcoming interview with NECO and MCO! Feel free to msg me!

From Nova Scotia! Confirmed a seat with NECO but am also waiting on Waterloo...also didn't do so hot on one oat section but we shall see what happens :)

From Nova Scotia! Confirmed a seat with NECO but am also waiting on Waterloo...also didn't do so hot on one oat section but we shall see what happens :)
In a perfect world, Waterloo would get rid of the OAT this year. If only miracles could happen. But, congrats on the NECO acceptance!

From Nova Scotia, confirmed seat at ICO and NECO but waiting to here from Waterloo as well!!

hi all!

I'm from Alberta and am in the process of interviewing for a few optometry programs in the states.

May I ask what your process was like in terms of getting funding/ student line of credits or other personal loans/ provincial or federal loans? Did you feel that your program had advisors or support set up for you to ask questions about financial advice or learn about debt management/repayment? Thank you!