Medical Canadian Applying to US Medical School. Question about fulfilling pre-med course requirements post-graduation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently completing my fourth and final year of undergrad in Canada (I am a Canadian citizen) and am moving to the US for work after I graduate. I plan on applying to both Canadian and US medical school not next cycle but the cycle after. However, I only decided more recently to also try applying to US medical school. Therefore, I have been trying my best to complete the additional coursework for these applications. However, I am going to graduate without having taken organic chemistry or biochemistry. My question pertains to the best way to go about completing this coursework.

Would it be better to delay my graduation a semester and complete the required coursework over this coming summer? Or is it better to complete these courses at an American university after I graduate? There are also the option of doing them through some for-profit Canadian universities that do mostly distance learning (though lab work would be in person), but I worry how this will be perceived by adcoms. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I would take them at your university personally but I don’t think it’s a huge deal if you do it another way. Most important is just performing well in them especially if those are the only courses your taking and aren’t full time.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.