Canadian students studying at Limerick

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharpshooter123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried applying to OSAP for Limerick Med but OSAP website states that its not approved. However, I have been told by a limerick student that, students at UL have been approved by OSAP. I called them and they didn't know anything, just said that limerick is not approved with no reason. If anyone can please help me with this :(

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same concern, in the school search it says "University of Limerick-excluding medical"

Members don't see this ad :)
Technically the medical school at UL is not approved because it hasn't been open for 10 years yet. It will officially be recognized in 2017-2018.

Now what happened was the OSAP application for 2014-2015 slipped up and allowed people at the medical school to apply and be approved. I got about $10,000 in funding that year. They later fixed the loophole (and now the app says "except medical school"). But to be fair to the students that did get funding they allowed them to continue to get funding even though the school isn't officially approved.

Interesting conundrum, so OSAP actually is strict with the 10 year rule for OSAP benefits?

BC student loans had no problem giving loans to friends who went to a new US med program, that were in the first few years of existence.

I wonder if its because OSAP simply just has such a large pool of people to give money too...and they need to be a bit strict to cull down how much loan money they give out? AFAIK OSAP is also super duper generous with grants unlike BC :(

Hello, does anybody know if there's a Facebook group for people going to Limerick this year?

thanks!! but did you get email from ULsoc or something :S I wasn't notified or anything, they said they would and would send out additional information etc.

I don't think I've personally received any emails from ULsoc yet... I'm pretty sure the last email I got was re UL's Campus Connect, as an international student.

That's the official one for your class.

You don't get an email. You just get added by somebody. Unless they changed it since the last 4 years :p

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

I'm the EU student liaison for University of Limerick GEMS this year! If you successfully applied you should have gotten a congratulations letter with the title of a Facebook group. A number of students have joined independently so it's accessible online somewhere.
Below is the link to the page as was posted above. My Canadian counterpart has uploaded a helpful document outlining some helpful tips for you guys making the big move over here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/986084671440545/

All the best,
Jamie

Reactions: 1 user