CAP Fellowship Anxiety

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fragilex

Hermit in the Dark
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

A friend of mine is applying for CAP fellowship this year and has received a few invites but is having a lot of anxiety about what programs have send out invites, if it's too late or too early, etc. etc. For some reason, there is no such thread on SDN about this and there really isn't a different forum where they talk about it. For example, most of the radiology residents use Auntminnie.com forums to talk about interview invites and fellowships and such. (I'm a rads resident)

I was just wondering if anyone would like to share which places have given out interviews so far and other information they may have, including when certain institutions give out their invites. I'm just trying to help calm some fears.

PM me. :)

thanks,
fragilex

Members don't see this ad.

I am sure there are more, but these are the ones I know have sent out invitations so far for child psychiatry fellowship interviews:

- University of Cincinnati (OH)
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor (MI)
- NY Presbyterian/Columbia-Cornell (NY)
- Yale (CT)
- Mass General/McLean (MA)
- Children's Hospital Boston (MA)
- Harvard/Cambridge Health Alliance (MA)
- Brown (RI)
- Johns Hopkins (MD)
- UC-Davis (CA)
- USC/LA County (CA)
- UC-San Diego (CA)

I hope that is helpful in some way for your friend!

I am sure there are more, but these are the ones I know have sent out invitations so far for child psychiatry fellowship interviews:

- University of Cincinnati (OH)
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor (MI)
- NY Presbyterian/Columbia-Cornell (NY)
- Yale (CT)
- Mass General/McLean (MA)
- Children's Hospital Boston (MA)
- Harvard/Cambridge Health Alliance (MA)
- Brown (RI)
- Johns Hopkins (MD)
- UC-Davis (CA)
- USC/LA County (CA)
- UC-San Diego (CA)

I hope that is helpful in some way for your friend!

Wow, other then west coast programs you mentioned, which I just don't know anything about, the rest of those programs are well known to be awesome for child psych.

Nice pick of programs to interview at! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
uni of pittsburgh , rush uni , uni of chicago, uni of colorado , brown , u penn

Tuft's, Cleveland Clinic, Hershey, Baylor, Thomas Jefferson.

Thanks for your help guys.

Just wondering... has anyone heard from Stanford, UCSF or UCLA yet?

-fragilex

Funny you mention that! UCSF, UCLA and Stanford are the three programs that I have not heard back from and it is almost October :)

I am still waiting to hear from MGH . I dont know if they sent out all the invitations or still reviewing applications !!
John hopkins didnt even bother to reply back :(

Last edited:
I am still waiting to hear from MGH . I dont know if they sent out all the invitations or still reviewing applications !!
John hopkins didnt even bother to reply back :(

How do you know they don't want to interview you? I understand that Hopkins didn't match everyone last year.

Funny you mention that! UCSF, UCLA and Stanford are the three programs that I have not heard back from and it is almost October :)

I am with you, I have not heard anything from UCSF or UCLA either!! :eek::thumbdown:

Piaget, I believe MGH is still sending out invites. Hang in there.

Hi guys,

I heard that Stanford sent out interviews. Any word from UCLA or UCSF yet? Do these programs usually sent out invites relatively later than the others?

-fragilex

Yes, I was so excited when I finally heard back from Stanford earlier this week! Still no word yet from UCLA or UCSF.

I can't believe that I still have not heard anything from UCLA or UCSF. I can't be too upset, since I have other interviews, but it would be nice for them to say yes or no by now. Where is the courtesy people?!!:eek:

I can't believe that I still have not heard anything from UCLA or UCSF. I can't be too upset, since I have other interviews, but it would be nice for them to say yes or no by now. Where is the courtesy people?!!:eek:

It does seem kind of weird. Anyone "in the know" about UCSF and UCLA. Perhaps they filled internally and aren't offering any interviews this year?

-fragilex

rtennis18, please check your PMs

thx,
fragilex

I know that UCLA is still offering interviews this year because I was recently at an interview at another program in Southern California and two of the other applicants said they had just interviewed at the UCLA/Semel Institute program. I have no idea about the UCSF program though.

Hi Guys,

Can someone share interview experience at brown university, childrens hospital boston, and Mgh ?

thanks

Brown and Children's have shorter interview days, typically 4 interviews. MGH has an average of 8 interview slots, a more intense day. Same questions asked everywhere - why CAP, what are your strengths/ weaknesses/interests, where else are you applying...