Career Deciding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fofo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is a Problem to share, As we all know, anyone who gets admission in a Medical college is capable, and his/her abilities can be only polished by the Correct decision they make at the end of their Study ! Yeah, the career decision, I have a confusion among two specialities, and I need a help regarding that, You know in deciding the speciality, not only your heart, but the society and scope and family also matters, Specially the gender, if you are a female you need to worry about a busy Speciality, and you can't do that even if you want so. Dermatology or Gynaecology? what would be the best field for a female Medical graduate in Pakistan? As Gynaecology,we know most of the people here allow their women to consult female Gynaecologists only, so Here the golden-egg laying hen resides , and Dermatology is not that Competitive as it is abroad but it is easier as compared to Gynaecology! and you can give your enough time to family when you're married. So what Should be the final decision?

Members don't see this ad.

Being originally from Pakistan, I will put my 2 cents in. I haven't been back in last 20 years so I really don't the scope of Dermatology, however you are right about GYN. If I was you, I would pick GYN.